Board index FlightGear Support Installation Mac

Swift vatsim models

Installing FlightGear, scenery, aircraft etc. on Mac.

Swift vatsim models

Postby IbrahimSaazi » Mon Jul 27, 2020 10:12 am

where do I get the swift vatsim models from for a MacBook
IbrahimSaazi

Re: Swift vatsim models

Postby tdammers » Mon Jul 27, 2020 1:31 pm

They're part of FGDATA, you should already have them. VATSIM traffic in FG uses the AI models, for various reasons. If swift can't find them, fiddle with the "simulator directory" and "aircraft model directories" settings.
tdammers

Callsign: NL256
IRC name: nl256

Postby IbrahimSaazi » Mon Jul 27, 2020 3:00 pm

for Mac do you know where to find it
IbrahimSaazi

Postby wkitty42 » Mon Jul 27, 2020 5:48 pm

fully load the sim... then hit the '/' key to open the property tree... scroll down to the sim/ branch and look in there for the fg-root entry...
"You get more air close to the ground," said Angalo. "I read that in a book. You get lots of air low down, and not much when you go up."
"Why not?" said Gurder.
"Dunno. It's frightened of heights, I guess."
wkitty42

Callsign: wk42
Version: git next

Postby IbrahimSaazi » Mon Jul 27, 2020 9:52 pm

what should I do with the tree when I get the information ('/Volumes/FlightGear 2020.1.2/FlightGear.app/Contents/Resources/data')
IbrahimSaazi

Postby danielHL » Mon Jul 27, 2020 10:15 pm

That is the answer to your question. And the answer you alread got, but detailed. You don't need additional models for VATSIM, they are already installed if you are using flightgear.

FG comes with a separate catalogue of models, used for AI Traffic, multiplayer models and apparently for SWIFT/Vatsim multiplayer sessions. If a model is missing, a reasonable alternative in size and configuration will be chosen.

You should maybe try to formulate better questions, however. If you are having problems with the AI models, you need to explain what you are trying to do, what version and OS you have, where you downloaded the plane/content/tool you have problems with from... We cannot guess from one line what the real problem might be. Flightgear is a highly complex system and errors can creep in in a million ways. If you get questions instead of answers, it is because we are trying to figure out what's going wring - as long as you get responses in the forum, someone is looking into it and thinking about it.

And by the way - welcome to Flightgear and the forum :-)
danielHL / D-FMPW
danielHL

Callsign: D-FMPW
Version: next

Return to Mac