Board index FlightGear Support Installation Mac

Flight gear says version is too old

Installing FlightGear, scenery, aircraft etc. on Mac.

Flight gear says version is too old

Postby Charliekns » Sun Mar 08, 2020 5:08 pm

Hi.

I have recently updated my favourite A320 model on flight gear. Whenever I open it I am given a message with error code “0x121”. I am currently running Flightgear 2019.1.1 on my MacBook. I can’t find where to download a newer version anywhere. Please help!!!
Charliekns

Re: Flight gear says version is too old

Postby wkitty42 » Sun Mar 08, 2020 5:33 pm

you need to use one of the latest nightlies for the latest version of that craft...

2019.2.0 is available here http://download.flightgear.org/builds/nightly/

or you may be able to get by with 2019.1.2 release candidate from here http://download.flightgear.org/builds/rc/

be aware that either of these may be buggy...
"You get more air close to the ground," said Angalo. "I read that in a book. You get lots of air low down, and not much when you go up."
"Why not?" said Gurder.
"Dunno. It's frightened of heights, I guess."
wkitty42

Callsign: wk42
Version: git next

Postby legoboyvdlp » Sun Mar 08, 2020 6:18 pm

2019.1.2 is not buggy - anyone saying that (not meaning you - but if you heard that anywhere else and are repeating it @wkitty) is misinformed.

It is a newer release with important bugfixes, including one that is absolutely vital for the fuel system to work - if you aren't using 2019.1.2 or later (which is available from https://sourceforge.net/projects/flight ... e/download -- the above link is to the release candidate or preview version of 2019.1.2) the fuel system won't work which is why the aircraft requires 2019.1.2 or later.

The FGADDON version or dev branch requires 2019.2 or later - that is the nightly version and may indeed be buggy.
legoboyvdlp

Callsign: G-LEGO
Version: next

Postby wkitty42 » Mon Mar 09, 2020 12:22 am

legoboyvdlp wrote in Sun Mar 08, 2020 6:18 pm:2019.1.2 is not buggy - anyone saying that (not meaning you - but if you heard that anywhere else and are repeating it @wkitty) is misinformed.

t'was a general comment regarding nightlies and RCs... nothing more ;)
"You get more air close to the ground," said Angalo. "I read that in a book. You get lots of air low down, and not much when you go up."
"Why not?" said Gurder.
"Dunno. It's frightened of heights, I guess."
wkitty42

Callsign: wk42
Version: git next

Postby Thorsten » Mon Mar 09, 2020 7:57 am

2019.1.2 is not buggy - anyone saying that (not meaning you - but if you heard that anywhere else and are repeating it @wkitty) is misinformed.

It probably is however - we've been trying to track down and eliminate issues since last November, and only today Jules commented

I do think there is a general problem with properties getting
corrupted, but i haven't been able to figure it out.

whereas I suspect issues with the new Nasal GC (at least the issues seem to go away when I switch it off) which are not tracked down. So a fair number of core developers seems to believe that these bugs are real.
Thorsten

Return to Mac