Board index FlightGear Support Installation Mac

Flightgear doesn't work

Installing FlightGear, scenery, aircraft etc. on Mac.

Flightgear doesn't work

Postby kdriedger » Tue Aug 27, 2019 10:41 pm

I run Graphics Card Intel Iris Pro 6200 (1536 MB) on my IMAC OS 10.14.6 using Flightgear 2019.1.1

I download it and get all the data to download too.. Then when I "fly" it goes back to my original desktop....

Any ideas?
kdriedger

Re: Flightgear doesn't work

Postby wkitty42 » Wed Aug 28, 2019 3:21 pm

find the fgfs.log file and it should tell us what is happening... paste it to a site like pastebin and provide a link to it in a reply here...
http://wiki.flightgear.org/index.php?title=Commonly_used_debugging_tools&redirect=no#fgfs.log
"You get more air close to the ground," said Angalo. "I read that in a book. You get lots of air low down, and not much when you go up."
"Why not?" said Gurder.
"Dunno. It's frightened of heights, I guess."
wkitty42

Callsign: wk42
Version: git next

Postby kdriedger » Thu Aug 29, 2019 3:13 am

Hey flight kitty

How do I find the log etc as per your instructions. I need to know in English - not computer talk as I am not that great at computers- sorry
kdriedger

Postby kdriedger » Thu Aug 29, 2019 3:34 am

Found the log... Don't know how to use pastebin etc... is there an email address I can send the log to you at?
kdriedger

Postby kdriedger » Thu Aug 29, 2019 3:40 am

Had an idea which you may or may not like... Below is a cut and paste of the log

0.00 [INFO]:general /Users/Shared/Hudson/MacRelease/flightgear/src/Main/main.cxx:494:FlightGear: Version 2019.1.1
0.00 [INFO]:general /Users/Shared/Hudson/MacRelease/flightgear/src/Main/main.cxx:495:FlightGear: Build Type Release
0.00 [INFO]:general /Users/Shared/Hudson/MacRelease/flightgear/src/Main/main.cxx:496:Built with GNU C++ version 4.2
0.00 [INFO]:general /Users/Shared/Hudson/MacRelease/flightgear/src/Main/main.cxx:498:Jenkins number/ID 590:590
0.14 [INFO]:gui :0:Loaded translations for locale "en_CA"
0.15 [INFO]:general /Users/Shared/Hudson/MacRelease/flightgear/src/Main/options.cxx:2950:platform default fg_root = Path "/Applications/FlightGear.app/Contents/Resources/data"
0.15 [INFO]:general /Users/Shared/Hudson/MacRelease/flightgear/src/Main/fg_init.cxx:576:Reading global defaults
0.16 [INFO]:input /Users/Shared/Hudson/MacRelease/flightgear/src/Main/globals.cxx:793:Reading user settings from Path "/Users/driedgerfamily/Library/Application Support/FlightGear/autosave_2019_1.xml"
0.16 [INFO]:navaid /Users/Shared/Hudson/MacRelease/flightgear/src/Navaids/NavDataCache.cxx:257:NavCache at:Path "/Users/driedgerfamily/Library/Application Support/FlightGear/navdata_2019_1.cache"
0.16 [INFO]:navaid /Users/Shared/Hudson/MacRelease/flightgear/src/Navaids/NavDataCache.cxx:260:NavCache read-only flags is:0
0.16 [INFO]:navaid /Users/Shared/Hudson/MacRelease/flightgear/src/Navaids/NavDataCache.cxx:1347:NavCache: no main cache rebuild required
0.16 [INFO]:general /Users/Shared/Hudson/MacRelease/flightgear/src/Main/fg_init.cxx:1273:init package root at:Path "/Users/driedgerfamily/Library/Application Support/FlightGear/Aircraft/Aircraft/Aircraft/Aircraft"
0.78 [WARN]:gui À¡ú:5:qrc:/qml/OverlayShared.qml:5: ReferenceError: nil is not defined
7.59 [INFO]:input /Users/Shared/Hudson/MacRelease/flightgear/src/Main/options.cxx:2205:aircraft = 777-300
7.59 [INFO]:general /Users/Shared/Hudson/MacRelease/flightgear/src/Main/fg_init.cxx:225:found aircraft in dir: /Users/driedgerfamily/Desktop/Aircraft for game/777
7.60 [WARN]:aircraft /Users/Shared/Hudson/MacRelease/flightgear/src/Main/fg_init.cxx:385:Aircraft does not specify a minimum FG version: please add one at /sim/minimum-fg-version
7.60 [INFO]:general /Users/Shared/Hudson/MacRelease/flightgear/src/Main/locale.cxx:160:Found language resource for: en
7.60 [INFO]:general /Users/Shared/Hudson/MacRelease/flightgear/src/Main/locale.cxx:298:Reading localized strings for 'en' from Path "/Applications/FlightGear.app/Contents/Resources/data/Translations/default/sys.xml"
7.60 [INFO]:general /Users/Shared/Hudson/MacRelease/flightgear/src/Main/locale.cxx:298:Reading localized strings for 'en' from Path "/Applications/FlightGear.app/Contents/Resources/data/Translations/default/atc.xml"
7.60 [INFO]:general /Users/Shared/Hudson/MacRelease/flightgear/src/Main/locale.cxx:298:Reading localized strings for 'en' from Path "/Applications/FlightGear.app/Contents/Resources/data/Translations/default/tips.xml"
7.60 [INFO]:general /Users/Shared/Hudson/MacRelease/flightgear/src/Main/options.cxx:2538: option:download-dir = /Users/driedgerfamily/Library/Application Support/FlightGear/Aircraft/Aircraft/Aircraft
7.60 [INFO]:general /Users/Shared/Hudson/MacRelease/flightgear/src/Main/options.cxx:2538: option:prop = /nasal/local_weather/enabled=false
7.60 [ALRT]:general /Users/Shared/Hudson/MacRelease/flightgear/src/Main/options.cxx:1972:Option 'metar' needs a parameter
7.60 [INFO]:general /Users/Shared/Hudson/MacRelease/flightgear/src/Main/locale.cxx:298:Reading localized strings for 'en' from Path "/Applications/FlightGear.app/Contents/Resources/data/Translations/default/options.xml"
7.60 [INFO]:io /Users/Shared/Hudson/MacRelease/flightgear/src/Main/globals.cxx:830:Saving user settings to Path "/Users/driedgerfamily/Library/Application Support/FlightGear/autosave_2019_1.xml"
7.61 [WARN]:general /Users/Shared/Hudson/MacRelease/simgear/simgear/structure/subsystem_mgr.cxx:1005:SGSubsystemMgr::remove: not found: scenery
kdriedger

Postby wkitty42 » Fri Aug 30, 2019 1:16 am

is that the only thing in the log? it appears to be only the first 7.5 seconds (roughly)...

using pastebin is easy... you paste your document into the input window set it to expire whenever at the bottom, give it a title, and save it... when the screen refreshes, grab the URL out of your browser location field and paste it here using the link/URL tags like so...
Code: Select all
[url]http://your/url/here[/url]
"You get more air close to the ground," said Angalo. "I read that in a book. You get lots of air low down, and not much when you go up."
"Why not?" said Gurder.
wkitty42

Postby kdriedger » Fri Aug 30, 2019 3:13 am

I am surprised it is that long. When I hit the “fly” button almost instantly spit out to desktop and out of the flight gear app
kdriedger

Postby wkitty42 » Fri Aug 30, 2019 10:07 pm

if that really is all there is, it doesn't contain anything that is helpful, unfortunately...

could you add "--log-level=debug" (without the quotes) to your command line and try again? that should produce a larger log that may contain the needed information...

i don't have a mac so i don't know how easy it is to alter the startup commands in the icons you click on... if it is like windows, i would hazard a guess that you right click and go to properties... hopefully someone with mac knowledge will happen by with more information...
"Why not?" said Gurder.
wkitty42

Return to Mac