Board index FlightGear Support Installation Mac

Download aircraft from official hangar failed

Installing FlightGear, scenery, aircraft etc. on Mac.

Download aircraft from official hangar failed

Postby flight001 » Fri Jan 05, 2018 6:27 am

I'm sorry if I can't provide more detailed information.
I'm using OSX El Capitan and installing aircrafts from the official hangar is near impossible.

When I click the "install" button for Boeing 777-300, in the "aircraft" section of the flight gear launcher
the progress bar appeared but never progressed and it stayed at 0.0MB.

One time, there's this "Download of Boeing 777-300 failed: Invalid package checksum"
I did a total computer restart, reinstallation and multiple crosschecks but ended futile.
Can anyone help me solve and decipher that error message? I don't get it at all.
And I don't know why I can't download any kinds aircraft at the moment

I tried to use FlightGear 2017.3.1 and also FlightGear 2017.2.1, but it's still not downloading correctly

Once again, if my information is not detailed enough I would like to apologise.

Thank you for your attention!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Edit:
After another reinstall, there's an error message when adding the official aircraft hangar in the flightgear launcher.
"Failed to download aircraft descriptions from 'http://mirrors.ibiblio.org/flightgear/ftp/2017.3.1/catalog.xml'. Check the address (URL) and your network connection." But my internet connection is really good.
Last edited by flight001 on Fri Jan 05, 2018 8:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
flight001

Re: Download aircraft from official hangar failed

Postby Thorsten » Fri Jan 05, 2018 8:01 am

There are currently some server-side issues (there's other posts in the forum about the same topic) - so the http stuff doesn't work.

If you have an SVN client, direct SVN checkouts from the repository appear to work fine.
Thorsten

Re: Download aircraft from official hangar failed

Postby flight001 » Fri Jan 05, 2018 9:18 am

But also thanks for telling me what's actually going on, and I think terrasync is also unoperational right now.
flight001

Return to Mac