Board index FlightGear Support Installation Mac

FlightGear StartUp  Topic is solved

Installing FlightGear, scenery, aircraft etc. on Mac.

FlightGear StartUp

Postby mariner » Fri Jan 03, 2014 2:35 pm

Hello - Happy New Year

Have just downloaded FlightGear onto my MacBook Pro, installed and went to run.
Two icons come up in the Dock - a window comes up with only one choice of aircraft (Cessna) and airport (San Francisco). Quite happy with this at moment.
However, after scenery and navaids etc load, all I get is a night scene on runway 10L with no menu info except a msg telling me to go to help/tutorials.
I am obviously missing something here,
Please advise
many thanks
Terry
mariner

Re: FlightGear StartUp  

Postby ludomotico » Fri Jan 03, 2014 2:48 pm

mariner wrote in Fri Jan 03, 2014 2:35 pm:However, after scenery and navaids etc load, all I get is a night scene on runway 10L with no menu info except a msg telling me to go to help/tutorials.

Note: move the mouse to the top of the window and the menu appears. Tutorials are in Help->Tutorials. If the menu does not appear but something moves, you have the mouse in the wrong mode. Use the right button to cycle between mouse modes: move the view, move flight controls or use the interface. This last mode is the one you need.

By default, flightgear uses real time and real weather. This means that if you run the simulator and it is a late hour at KSFO, then you get a night scene. You can set a custom hour: in the last tab of the launcher, choose "real time", "morning", "evening"... Also, in the menu, Environment->time

You can also choose in the menu Location->Airport and move to any other airport in the world. Next time you run the launcher, this airport will be available.

If this is your first time in a flight simulator, follow the tutorials or read this guide: viewtopic.php?f=72&t=19600
ludomotico

Version: nightly

Re: FlightGear StartUp

Postby mariner » Fri Jan 03, 2014 3:07 pm

Many thanks for that - now have everything - also getting used to Mac from Windows!!
Your prompt help much appreciated. :-)
Terry
mariner

Return to Mac