Board index FlightGear Support Installation Mac

SCENERY ERROR HELP

Installing FlightGear, scenery, aircraft etc. on Mac.

SCENERY ERROR HELP

Postby QANTAS (not real 1) » Fri Aug 16, 2013 7:29 am

Hello I have recently been getting an error when i try to install scenery on a mac, when i click "install add-on data" i can select that folder with the scenery and stuff but it fails to load it on to the game and i don't know how to do it manually! I have the latest fg version(16-8-13) please help i dont wanna fly round KFSO forever. If anyone could help it would be great thanks- :D
QANTAS (not real 1)

Re: SCENERY ERROR HELP

Postby VicMar » Fri Aug 16, 2013 7:49 am

Hi,

Try to give us a little more information about what actually happens. Also show us any reports you get in the log. Just saying it doesn't load could be several things, you need to narrow the possibilities down a bit.

Vic
Time flies like an arrow
Fruit flies like a banana
VicMar

Callsign: VicMar
Version: 2018.3.1

Postby QANTAS (not real 1) » Sat Aug 17, 2013 12:52 am

Ok so when i click install addon data and select Scenery 2.4.0 it freezes for 10 mins then i get a pop up saying:
Error occurs during installing the following file:
/Users/(my name)/Downloads/Scenery-v2.10
Error message is:
/Users/(my name)/Downloads/Scenery-v2.10/.DS_Store has multiple destinations
and this is the error log:
(i cant find it)
QANTAS (not real 1)

Last edited by Gijs on Sat Aug 17, 2013 8:51 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: No useless quoting please, use the reply button instead.
QANTAS (not real 1)

Postby VicMar » Sat Aug 17, 2013 7:33 am

Still not enough info:
1. When you installed FG, did you put it in your apps folder or another folder - or is it still sitting on your desktop?
2. Where are you getting the V 2.4.0 scenery which you are trying to use as an add-on?

Sorry to keep coming back with questions, but it looks like you may be trying to do something out of the norm.

Vic
Time flies like an arrow
VicMar

Postby QANTAS (not real 1) » Sun Aug 18, 2013 10:29 am

Hey Vic,
When i installed i put it in my applications folder and 2. I got it from flightgear.org and ( im not too sure ) but i just click install addon data and select the folder containing all the .tgz files ???
QANTAS (not real 1)

Postby VicMar » Sun Aug 18, 2013 11:08 am

OK. I think I am beginning to see what is wrong.

You are trying to add-on another scenery folder (2.4.0). The 2.10 download already has a more up to date scenery folder, so FG is getting it's knickers knotted.

Is there a particular reason why you wanted version 2.4.0 scenery? If there is, I suggest you just remove the scenery folder in 2.10 and replace it with the 2.4.0 folder. Don't try to do this through the add-on system, just manually replace it. If you don't want to throw away the 2.10 folder, rename it as 'XXScenery' and leave it where it is. That will stop FG using it.

If I were you, what I would do is enable 'Download scenery on the fly', which is on the front page of the launcher. That will give you the very latest scenery as you fly towards it. The only drawback with that is when you start your flight from an airport on a scenery tile you have not yet been to, you have to wait for its scenery to download. This can take a couple of minutes, but each of the scenery tiles downloaded will be kept for future use, and updated if any new models are uploaded to the data base.

HTH

Vic
Time flies like an arrow
VicMar

Postby QANTAS (not real 1) » Sun Aug 18, 2013 11:19 am

Hey vic,
Thanks for your reply im not after a specific scenery but when i tick download scenery on fly i crash in a blue ocean thing?????
QANTAS (not real 1)

Postby VicMar » Sun Aug 18, 2013 11:40 am

That's because the scenery you need to be sitting on has not been downloaded yet. Try sitting there for a few minutes (go make a coffee or open a can) and see if the scenery appears.

Cheers,

Vic
Time flies like an arrow
VicMar

Return to Mac