Board index FlightGear Support Installation Mac

Massive problems with new FG

Installing FlightGear, scenery, aircraft etc. on Mac.

Massive problems with new FG

Postby fmg » Sun Jul 25, 2021 4:58 pm

Hello,

since I got a new MacBook I give the newest FG version a try. Unfortunately it went out unuseable for me. Installation goes normal, but several elementary things don't work anymore.
Keyboard-shortcuts work different as in the past and in the description. Enter should move the rudder to the right, but it wont. Instead clickable items lit up. Is this a bug or a new feature?
Since I fly mostly taildraggers with mouse and keyboard I need the rudder.
Also I couldn't use several dialog windows. E. g. when I open up the filter dialog from the graphic settings it doesn't respond to mouse clicks. Adding objects with the UFO is impossible due to the same error. Couldn't select something from the objects-dialog. Looks like mouse-clicks are not detected.
Tried to join a flight as Pax or Co-Pilot I found myself about 100 meters behind the plane on the earth.
FGcom doesn't seem to work, but I guess this was also so in the past.
A plane in multiplayer-mode showed up as generic plane, even if I had the plane installed.
When I tried a newer version (2020.3.9) I had the UFO selected before and I got a warning that FG couldn't find the plane, and I had to search for it again. Of course it was also installed in the new version. Never had this issue with older FG versions.
Also I'm missing the log-file. Couldn't find it in the new launcher.

Specs: MacBook Pro 16" with newest Catalina, same issues with FG 2020.3.6 and 2020.3.9.
What could I do to make it work? Updating to BigSur is not an option.

Regards

f-(
fmg

Callsign: fotomas
Version: 2

Re: Massive problems with new FG

Postby pb321 » Sun Jul 25, 2021 5:44 pm

I've never used FlightGear on a Mac, but found this post. Hopefully it will be of some help to you.
https://forum.flightgear.org/viewtopic.php?t=6011
pb321

Version: 2020.4.0

Re: Massive problems with new FG

Postby wkitty42 » Sun Jul 25, 2021 7:20 pm

definitely check that link that pb321 found... especially if you are using a PC keyboard instead of the laptop's built-in keyboard...
"You get more air close to the ground," said Angalo. "I read that in a book. You get lots of air low down, and not much when you go up."
"Why not?" said Gurder.
"Dunno. It's frightened of heights, I guess."
wkitty42

Callsign: wk42
Version: git next

Return to Mac