Board index FlightGear Support Installation Linux

adding aircraft to flightgear from command line script

Installing FlightGear, scenery, aircraft etc. on Linux systems like Ubuntu.

adding aircraft to flightgear from command line script

Postby backspin » Mon Dec 28, 2020 6:13 pm

I would like to write a script which downloads and configures flightgear on a new linux partition without any GUI point-and-click tasks. The configuration I have in mind includes several add-on aircraft.

I added these aircraft via the launcher. It seems the aircraft are stored in
$HOME/.fgfs/Aircraft/org.flightgear.fgaddon.trunk/Aircraft

i thought my script could just copy this directory into the new linux install and then point flightgear to this directory via

fgfs --aircraft-dir=.fgfs/Aircraft/org.flightgear.fgaddon.trunk/Aircraft

but the command

fgfs --aircraft-dir=.fgfs/Aircraft/org.flightgear.fgaddon.trunk/Aircraft --show-aircraft

just shows the default list of Cessna 172P and UFO aircraft, regardless of whether I use a relative or absolute path for --aircraft-dir

How can I configure a set of aircraft on the command line, without using the launcher GUI and searching for the aircraft I want to download?

Thanks!
backspin

Re: adding aircraft to flightgear from command line script

Postby ludomotico » Mon Dec 28, 2020 6:52 pm

http://wiki.flightgear.org/Command_line_options

--aircraft-dir is used to target a specific aircraft. "Load the aircraft in this directory"

You want to use --fg-aircraft:

fgfs --fg-aircraft=$HOME/.fgfs/Aircraft/org.flightgear.fgaddon.trunk/Aircraft --show-aircraft

Anything the launcher does, you can do from the command line. The launcher just builds the set of parameters and calls fgfs. In case of doubt, check the specific parameters in launcher->settings->"additional settings"->"click here" link in the help text.
ludomotico

Version: nightly

Return to Linux