Board index FlightGear Support Installation Linux

FG no longer available  Topic is solved

Installing FlightGear, scenery, aircraft etc. on Linux systems like Ubuntu.

FG no longer available

Postby vito49 » Fri Nov 02, 2018 6:04 pm

Sorry in advance if this post isn't at the right place ... first of all I have to admit I didn't use FG for a year or something, reason is I have Parkinson's disease and it was hard to cope with that so I didn't had the courage to play FG ... but now things go a little better, good enough to try to fly a plane again.
I plugged in my joystick "Thrustmaster T-Flight Hotas X" and fired up FG via terminal ... BUT! ... FG didn't load any more. I checked the repo's of my Manjaro stable release and it wasn't there any more. It seems Manjaro stopped with offering FG. To make a long story short, whatever I did to get FG back, even helped by a good friend who knows more about Linux and Manjaro in particular, it was not possible to find a package that was able to install on my XFCE desktop. Finally we found a Flatpak version that did install and that I can launch from the terminal, but it doesn't accept the terminal input of the commands I used to use. Even my joystick doesn't work on it.
Now I'm hoping you guys can help me on how to get FG back.
Thanks in advance.

BTW: please forgive me my bad English, I'm Flemish.
vito49

Callsign: vito49
Version: 2019.1.1

Re: FG no longer available (solved)  

Postby vito49 » Sun Nov 04, 2018 7:23 pm

Hello guys, my problem is solved. I found it on the MEGA site where they provide the necessary apps for using on Manjaro.
Sorry I wasn't too impatient ... :mrgreen:
vito49

Callsign: vito49
Version: 2019.1.1

Return to Linux