Board index FlightGear Support Installation Linux

[Solved] Dead Aircraft when starting without fgrun?

Installing FlightGear, scenery, aircraft etc. on Linux systems like Ubuntu.

Re: Dead Aircraft when starting without fgrun?

Postby Thorsten » Mon Aug 13, 2018 1:18 pm

so i think, the problem is around the launcher indeed,

That's technically rather difficult, since the launcher is just a fancy way to assemble a commandline - it can't do anything genuinely different.

I tried to start fgfs without any launcher and expected to be on a c172p mod. 81 in San Francisco, but got a 172p Mod 82 in Honolulu.

That's a very odd expectation since the default airport hasn't been San Francisco for ages.

All this sounds like you have some sort of version mixup still (aka somehow you have the launcher pointing at another aircraft variant than the commandline does).
Thorsten

Re: Dead Aircraft when starting without fgrun?

Postby wkitty42 » Tue Aug 14, 2018 10:36 am

the c172p in FG does not have model 81 and 82 that i know of... there is just "the c172p" with different liveries, two different engines (160 HP and 180 HP), standard wheels, bush wheels, pontoons, and amphibious... i'm one of the dev team members for it...

yes, you will start at hawaii because that is the default airport in FG... it will change again in another year, i think... i can't say that i've seen that pow() error... it may have been fixed if it was reported in the c172p's github issue tracker... i just do not remember anything about it, though...
"You get more air close to the ground," said Angalo. "I read that in a book. You get lots of air low down, and not much when you go up."
"Why not?" said Gurder.
"Dunno. It's frightened of heights, I guess."
wkitty42

Callsign: wk42
Version: git next

Re: [Solved] Dead Aircraft when starting without fgrun?

Postby navigk » Thu Aug 06, 2020 6:39 am

For newbies like me trying to work out why their aircraft is dead:

If your Cessna is unresponsive in your tutorial because you let the battery go flat (you left it for a while): select CessnaC172P/Aircraft Options/Repair.

Refer to https://sourceforge.net/p/flightgear/codetickets/2323/ for a ticket requesting that restarting FlightGear starts tutorial aircraft in repaired state.

(Version 2020.1.3)
navigk

Previous

Return to Linux