Board index FlightGear Support Installation Linux

libosgText.so.130 not found.

Installing FlightGear, scenery, aircraft etc. on Linux systems like Ubuntu.

libosgText.so.130 not found.

Postby rleibner » Tue Jul 03, 2018 9:04 pm

Hi,
After updating my Ubuntu to version 18.04 I cannot launch FlightGear.
So, I've updated my next installation using a fresh download_and_compile.sh script.
When running run_fgfs.sh (or fgfs.sh) I get the message:
./fgfs: error while loading shared libraries: libosgText.so.130: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

After checking the dependencies I found that I do have libosgText.so.131 (but not 130)

How can I fix that?
Rodolfo
Non-shared knowledge is lost knowledge
rleibner

Callsign: CX-BEX
Version: next

Re: libosgText.so.130 not found.

Postby wkitty42 » Wed Jul 04, 2018 5:16 pm

normally i'd say to symlink but without seeing more, i won't... can you post your build log somewhere so we can see it? it should tell us what was found and used...

you're the first person today to post about libosgText.so.130 and someone else seems to be having a similar problem... both of you are on *buntu 18.04, too... have either of you tried building OSG on your machine and letting FG use that instead of the system installed versions? that's what i do here... the d&c script is already set up to build OSG... be warned, though, it is big and takes some time to build... on my 8-core 4Ghz system, using all 8 cores, building OSG from nothing takes 20 or 30 minutes... the big benefit is that FG will build and run no matter what the system's installed stuff is...

Code: Select all
CFLAGS="-march=native" CPPFLAGS="-march=native" $MYFGBASEDIR/dnc.sh -p n -j 8 -b RelWithDebInfo -f Release OSG SIMGEAR FGFS DATA

my d&c is using the OpenSceneGraph-3.4 branch... the libosgText.so that it builds is libosgText.so.131 and it is also 64bit... are you 32bit or 64bit?
"You get more air close to the ground," said Angalo. "I read that in a book. You get lots of air low down, and not much when you go up."
"Why not?" said Gurder.
"Dunno. It's frightened of heights, I guess."
wkitty42

Callsign: wk42
Version: git next

Postby rleibner » Thu Jul 05, 2018 6:33 pm

wkitty42 wrote in Wed Jul 04, 2018 5:16 pm:can you post your build log somewhere so we can see it? it should tell us what was found and used...

Here is the compilation log.

On the other hand, i tried to install FGFS using the saiarcot's ppa. Did not worked.

P.S.: I am on a 64 bits PC.
Rodolfo
Non-shared knowledge is lost knowledge
rleibner

Callsign: CX-BEX
Version: next

Postby V12 » Fri Jul 06, 2018 9:54 am

On LUbuntu 18.04 I have FG 2018.2.1 from saiarcot's ppa and works perfect.
Fly high, fly fast - fly Concorde !
V12

Callsign: BAWV12

Postby saiarcot895 » Fri Jul 06, 2018 4:16 pm

@rleibner, what error are you getting when you try to install from my PPA? Note that if you have the distro's packages, you'll need to uninstall them first.
Saikrishna Arcot

My FlightGear PPAs: FlightGear Stable, FlightGear Development (Edge)
saiarcot895

Callsign: flyhigh
Version: -next PPA

Postby wkitty42 » Fri Jul 06, 2018 11:18 pm

based on the log file, the first problem is that you've not installed the new Qt SVG library stuff... i don't remember the package names you need but you want both, the regular package and the -dev version of it, too... then try your build again and let's see if it gets past that problem...
"You get more air close to the ground," said Angalo. "I read that in a book. You get lots of air low down, and not much when you go up."
"Why not?" said Gurder.
"Dunno. It's frightened of heights, I guess."
wkitty42

Callsign: wk42
Version: git next

Return to Linux