Board index FlightGear Support Installation Linux

Extracting new Aircraft into Folder Problem:

Installing FlightGear, scenery, aircraft etc. on Linux systems like Ubuntu.

Re: Extracting new Aircraft into Folder Problem:

Postby Hooray » Sun Jul 28, 2013 6:02 pm

Icarus wrote in Sun Jul 28, 2013 4:26 pm:Anyway, I won't belabor the point, now that I know aircraft must go in FG_ROOT. I'll remember to save them if I ever have to re-install again. :lol:

I don't think anybody ever said that ? We were specifically talking about the autosave cache - not about aircraft having to be installed in $FG_ROOT ?
Please don't send support requests by PM, instead post your questions on the forum so that all users can contribute and benefit
Thanks & all the best,
Hooray
Help write next month's newsletter !
pui2canvas | MapStructure | Canvas Development | Programming resources
Hooray

Pronouns: THOU

Postby Icarus » Mon Jul 29, 2013 1:01 am

Hooray wrote in Sun Jul 28, 2013 6:02 pm:I don't think anybody ever said that ? We were specifically talking about the autosave cache - not about aircraft having to be installed in $FG_ROOT ?

Well, I must be lost then, or just not explaining things adequately. I never mentioned caching at all, nor did any previous poster.

All I cared about was installing additional aircraft in a directory somewhere OTHER THAN $FG_ROOT/Aircraft. And as previous posters discovered, that WON'T work, even though the command-line option to specify another aircraft path is available.

And I can live with that, now that I know it. I've moved all my additional aircraft to $FG_ROOT/Aircraft now, and they all show up in the startup list, and all can be chosen and flown. I'm happy with that.

Thanks for your help, I'm off and flying again.
Icarus

Version: 2.12

Postby Hooray » Mon Jul 29, 2013 1:09 am

if you have found a bug, please use the issue tracker to file a bug report, so that it can be checked by people familiar with the feature/code - to be honest, I don't recall having ever used that feature, so I am probably not the best person to talk to. But if there's a bug, you should file the issue ASAP, because of the upcoming release.
Please don't send support requests by PM, instead post your questions on the forum so that all users can contribute and benefit
Thanks & all the best,
Hooray
Help write next month's newsletter !
pui2canvas | MapStructure | Canvas Development | Programming resources
Hooray

Pronouns: THOU

Postby a1872 » Sat Mar 29, 2014 8:06 pm

Is there a way to refresh the aircraft list in FGrun?--I have the F-14b and the 777-200 installed in FG$Root/Aircraft folder and also listed in the directory I made for downloaded aircraft--home/anthony/Aircraft. The reason they're installed in both directories is that when I first installed them in home/anthony/Aircraft, they weren't listed, so I thought if I copied them to FG$Root, they might appear. I have the aircraft directories set on the first page of FGrun:

--fg-aircraft=/usr/share/games/flightgear/Aircraft:/home/anthony/Aircraft

I'm using Ubuntu 12.04.
Thanks,
Anthony
a1872

Previous

Return to Linux