Board index FlightGear Support Installation Linux

FG crashes on boot, FG 2020.3.16 Ubuntu 23.04  Topic is solved

Installing FlightGear, scenery, aircraft etc. on Linux systems like Ubuntu.

FG crashes on boot, FG 2020.3.16 Ubuntu 23.04

Postby rooman » Wed May 31, 2023 8:53 pm

When I click the 'Fly' button in the graphic launcher FG crashes:
Code: Select all
    5.42 [ALRT]:aircraft   Aircraft does not specify a minimum FG version: please add one at /sim/minimum-fg-version
Now checking for plug-in osgPlugins-3.6.5/osgdb_nvtt.so
    5.55 [WARN]:general    Enabling ATI/AMD viewport hack
    6.41 [WARN]:sound      XML sound: couldn't find file: 'Aircraft/CitationX/Sounds/turbine.wav'
    6.41 [WARN]:sound      XML sound: couldn't find file: 'Aircraft/CitationX/Sounds/turbine.wav'
   10.58 [ALRT]:sound      Error: Audio device not available, trying default.
   10.87 [ALRT]:sound      ALC Error (sound manager): Invalid Value at context creation.
   11.16 [INFO]:nasal      towing is active!
   11.17 [ALRT]:nasal      ERROR: Cannot add listener to tied property /sim[0]/current-view[0]/heading-offset-deg[0]
   11.21 [ALRT]:nasal      ERROR: Cannot add listener to tied property /controls[0]/engines[0]/engine[0]/cutoff[0]
   11.21 [ALRT]:nasal      ERROR: Cannot add listener to tied property /controls[0]/engines[0]/engine[1]/cutoff[0]
   11.21 [ALRT]:nasal      ERROR: Cannot add listener to tied property /controls[0]/flight[0]/flaps[0]
   11.21 [ALRT]:nasal      ERROR: Cannot add listener to tied property /controls[0]/gear[0]/gear-down[0]
   11.21 [ALRT]:nasal      ERROR: Cannot add listener to tied property /controls[0]/electric[0]/battery-switch[0]
   11.21 [ALRT]:nasal      ERROR: Cannot add listener to tied property /controls[0]/anti-ice[0]/window-heat[0]
   11.21 [ALRT]:nasal      ERROR: Cannot add listener to tied property /controls[0]/lighting[0]/nav-lights[0]
   11.21 [ALRT]:nasal      ERROR: Cannot add listener to tied property /controls[0]/pneumatic[0]/engine[0]/bleed[0]
   11.21 [ALRT]:nasal      ERROR: Cannot add listener to tied property /controls[0]/pneumatic[0]/engine[1]/bleed[0]
   11.21 [ALRT]:nasal      ERROR: Cannot add listener to tied property /controls[0]/lighting[0]/taxi-light[0]
   11.21 [ALRT]:nasal      ERROR: Cannot add listener to tied property /controls[0]/anti-ice[0]/pitot-heat[0]
   11.21 [ALRT]:nasal      ERROR: Cannot add listener to tied property /controls[0]/electric[0]/engine[0]/generator[0]
   11.21 [ALRT]:nasal      ERROR: Cannot add listener to tied property /controls[0]/electric[0]/engine[1]/generator[0]
   11.21 [ALRT]:nasal      ERROR: Cannot add listener to tied property /controls[0]/engines[0]/engine[0]/cutoff[0]
   11.21 [ALRT]:nasal      ERROR: Cannot add listener to tied property /controls[0]/engines[0]/engine[1]/cutoff[0]
   11.24 [ALRT]:nasal      ERROR: Cannot add listener to tied property /instrumentation[0]/gps[0]/mode[0]

I do not have the Citation installed, have never touched any sound files.
What are the nasal errors?
It was working flawlessly 3 days ago, but I cannot remember if I did any updates before or after last FG boot, I have reinstalled FG

FG 2020.3.16
Ubuntu 23.04
Linux 6.2.0-20-generic

what to do? Any suggestions please?

ps: I fly with a usb yoke and an arduino controlling many switches but only half of those quoted above, not connected at the moment.
rooman

Callsign: HB-ROO
Version: Next + LTS

Re: FG crashes on boot, FG 2020.3.16 Ubuntu 23.04

Postby wkitty42 » Thu Jun 01, 2023 12:00 am

what craft are you trying to load?
if it is not the CitationX then it seems like the craft you are trying to load is using those files from the CitationX instead of copying the files to its own tree... this used to be done quite a lot in the interest of saving drive space and not having duplicate files all over the aircraft tree(s)... the problem, then, is that you have to have craft installed that you may never use...

aside from that, also check your in-sim->F10->File-Sound Configuration and be sure the proper sound device is selected... that's for the "ALC Error"...

also, you should update to the latest LTS, 2020.3.18 with 2020.3.19 waiting in the wings... there were quite a few bugs fixed between 2020.3.16 and 2020.3.18...
"You get more air close to the ground," said Angalo. "I read that in a book. You get lots of air low down, and not much when you go up."
"Why not?" said Gurder.
"Dunno. It's frightened of heights, I guess."
wkitty42

Callsign: wk42
Version: git next

Postby wlbragg » Thu Jun 01, 2023 12:04 am

Cannot add listener to tied property

Don't worry about these errors, they are not the problem. They're more of a warning than a critical error.

XML sound: couldn't find file: 'Aircraft/CitationX/Sounds/turbine.wav'

Most likely this aircraft is using sound from the Citation? If it is, you could try installing the Citation so it can access the sound files. But I don't think this is necessarily killing the launcher. It's worth trying though.

It might help if you post the rest of the log. Maybe there is something is other clues in it.
EDIT: wkitty42 beat me to the post, please disregard any duplicate info.
Kansas and Ohio/Midwest scenery development.
KEQA, 3AU, KRCP Airport Layout
Intel i7/GeForce RTX 2070/Max-Q
wlbragg

Callsign: WC2020
Version: next

Postby rooman » Thu Jun 01, 2023 5:51 am

I'm loading the excellent Twin Otter, which explains the turbine sound files.
I'll check the sound card but all was okay before...
As for FG version, it's what is proposed in the Ubuntu repository, I'll follow your suggestion to update.
Grew up with Dr Who then discovered Monty Python and Middle Earth. The world was never the same.
rooman

Callsign: HB-ROO
Version: Next + LTS

Return to Linux