Board index FlightGear Support Installation Linux

PC Upgrade Questions

Installing FlightGear, scenery, aircraft etc. on Linux systems like Ubuntu.

Re: PC Upgrade Questions

Postby HTH » Thu Apr 08, 2021 2:05 am

Yes Delta5142, the prices I have been quoted are above the normal retail prices here to and I guess it is a case of take it or leave it. I have ask the suppliers for a guarantee of supply before I pass over any money so I don’t get caught waiting weeks for a delivery.
Harry.
HTH

Version: 2020.3.8

Postby Delta5142 » Thu Apr 08, 2021 2:43 am

To be completely honest with you HTH, this PC part shortage could potentially last until early 2022, until we get everything sorted out because of covid-19. Also, I forgot to mention in my last post the 1660 is selling for nearly 800$, nearly 500$ over MSRP where I live. You could either wait until then to get the parts for a more reasonable price, or you could just get everything now. Also, the thing about Intel is that most of their processors, including the i7 10700k, gives you integrated graphics. Sure they're not the best, but you could just wait until getting a GPU later while just using the integrated graphics included with the processor. These days, CPUs aren't AS overpriced as GPUs, so this method could work. AMD just doesn't give you that much flexibility with integrated graphics, unless you get the "G" models.

Hope this helps,
Delta
Delta5142

Callsign: DAL5142
Version: next

Postby HTH » Fri Apr 09, 2021 11:45 pm

I have not had a reply from the two company's I asked for a guarantee to supply parts yet, Delta so they either do not have the parts our are not interested in a sale. As this is not a life and death problem I am prepared to take the easy option and wait it out.
Harry.
HTH

Version: 2020.3.8

Previous

Return to Linux