Board index FlightGear Media

FlightGear Scenery 2020/2021

Screenshots, videos, sound recording etc. taken in/with FlightGear.

Re: FlightGear Scenery 2020/2021

Postby vnts » Tue Nov 02, 2021 10:43 am

I found this, when having a look through search results for development videos for the newsletter ("flightgear" with quotes, and filter by time works). It shows the instant replay work on the next branch. In the background it also shows what FG roughly looks like at roughly max-ish settings in regions with well developed scenery, in motion (2020.3.x LTS scenery looks the same). There's at least some use of the environment menu, and things like AA (maybe not TRAA it looks like) or maybe texture filtering turned up :mrgreen: . It's near EGPH it seems.

The video is by Roman on the mailing list I think, and he has been translating/finishing the FG manual and translating wiki pages like on weather, so he is aware of various things to enable/turn-up. 7:15 - 9:20 (direct link) shows flying through clouds close up. The audio is in polish, but shows the new fgtape UI fine without it.

For those testing nightlies, there is also the auto-set feature for the environment sliders to try out. It provides a rough guess at some values - can try changing time of year and watch the sliders change automatically. It's not possible to know things like accumulation of snow and rain, but the values can be used as a starting point by unticking the auto-set button and tweaking manually.

Kind regards
vnts

Re: FlightGear Scenery 2020/2021

Postby erik » Sat Jan 01, 2022 2:14 pm

It keeps amazing me how interesting looking FlightGear remains even in dull weather scenarios:

Erik
Current: Parachutist, Paraglider, Pterosaur, Pilatus PC-9M and variants, ERCO Ercoupe, Fokker Dr.1, Fokker 50, Fokker 100
Less active: Cessna T-37, T-38, Santa Claus. Previous: General Dynamics F-16. Worked on: Wright Flyer
erik

Previous

Return to Media