Board index FlightGear Media

What/Where did you boat today?

Screenshots, videos, sound recording etc. taken in/with FlightGear.

What/Where did you boat today?

Postby FighterAce » Thu Mar 23, 2017 1:29 am

I saw the "What/Where did you fly today?" and "What/Where did you drive today?" threads, but I realized that there was no "What/Where did you boat today?" thread. Well, here it is! You can now post your screenshots of boating/sailing around in FG here. Feel free to post screenshots or videos below. Enjoy!

Rules
Copied from Johan G's first post in the "What/Where Did You Drive Today?" thread.
Based on comments from various users, we've created a small set of rules, in order to make this an even nicer collection of FlightGear.

• Place no more than 10 screenshots in one post. If you'd like to post a complete series of more than 10 shots please create an album topic.
  • If you have several nearly identical screenshots (eg. a single aircraft/location from a certain point of view), try to pick the best of nearly identical screenshots. No-one is interested in five variants of the same image.
  • To please those with slower internet connections, embedded images should be no larger than 1280x1024 pixels. You may link to larger resolutions of course. If you use the following code, clicking your image will open the large version.
Code: Select all
[url=link-to-large-image][img]link-to-"small"-image[/img][/url]
  • Try to compress your images to reduce their file size. JPG is a much friendlier format than PNG for online images, but even PNG files can be greatly reduced in size by compressing them when saving. Images at the maximum allowed resolution can look fine at (much) less than 0.5 Mb.
  • Avoid linking to non-public files (like Facebook images), as not everyone can see those.Only screenshots and videos showing FlightGear are accepted.
  • Do not quote images; quote the description instead. Also see our quoting guidelines.
  • Media posted here may be selected to be featured on our Google+ and Facebook pages.

What to do when someone does not adhere to these rules?
Please report a post by clicking the ! icon next it, the moderators will then look at it.

How can I contribute to this collection?
Making and sharing screenshots is described in this topic. Videos uploaded to YouTube can be embedded by copying the ID (bold part of this link: youtube.com/watch?v=V1gLFJ8X7BE) and placing it like the following code example:
Code: Select all
[youtube]V1gLFJ8X7BE[/youtube]

Looking forward to your amazing shots!

(Shamelessly copied from Johan G's first post in the "What/Where Did You Drive Today?" thread.)
FighterAce

Callsign: FighterAce
Version: 2017.1.3

Re: What/Where did you boat today?

Postby AndersG » Thu Mar 23, 2017 10:35 am

Let me get this started by reposting some old shots...
The Gokstad ship in fog.

Anachronisms: USS Monitor (1862-1862) steaming past the Statue of Liberty (1886-).
Callsign: SE-AG
Aircraft (uhm...): Submarine Scout, Zeppelin NT, ZF Navy free balloon, Nordstern, Hindenburg, Short Empire flying-boat, ZNP-K, North Sea class, MTB T21 class, U.S.S. Monitor, MFI-9B, Type UB I submarine, Gokstad ship, Renault FT.
AndersG

Postby StuartC » Thu Mar 23, 2017 10:47 am

And heres a video from last month:-

StuartC

Callsign: WF01
Version: 2019.1

Postby Necolatis » Fri Mar 24, 2017 1:32 am

"Airplane travel is nature's way of making you look like your passport photo."
— Al Gore
Necolatis

Callsign: Leto
IRC name: Neco
Version: 2020.3.19

Postby Johan G » Fri Mar 24, 2017 9:25 am

@FighterAce: Great initiative! :D
Low-level flying — It's all fun and games till someone looses an engine. (Paraphrased from a YouTube video)
Improving the Dassault Mirage F1 (Wiki, Forum, GitLab. Work in slow progress)
Some YouTube videos
Johan G

Callsign: SE-JG
IRC name: Johan_G
Version: 2020.3.4

Postby FighterAce » Fri Mar 24, 2017 3:09 pm

Thanks Johan G! I thought it would be an interesting idea to try. It would be great to see some pictures from you if you get a chance!
FighterAce

Callsign: FighterAce
Version: 2017.1.3

Postby AndersG » Sun May 21, 2017 10:49 am

Swedish Navy MTB T21 speeding past the Vinga lighthouse and day beacon west of Göteborg, Sweden.
Aircraft (uhm...): Submarine Scout, Zeppelin NT, ZF Navy free balloon, Nordstern, Hindenburg, Short Empire flying-boat, ZNP-K, North Sea class, MTB T21 class, U.S.S. Monitor, MFI-9B, Type UB I submarine, Gokstad ship, Renault FT.
AndersG

Return to Media