Board index FlightGear Media

Grand Tour with Follow me: From Beijing to Shenzhen

Screenshots, videos, sound recording etc. taken in/with FlightGear.

Grand Tour with Follow me: From Beijing to Shenzhen

Postby sidi762 » Wed Aug 14, 2019 12:49 pm

Hi all!

For some mysterious reason, we decided to took the Follow me in FGAddon and improved it a bit, and made it an e-tron version by writing a custom engine using nasal (We thought this name from Audi did make a good name for this unknown brand Follow-me vehicle, although we found that it was a Renault Kangoo later).

Then we made a plan. A plan to drive this little car for over 2000 kilometers, from Beijing to Shenzhen (Maybe also Hongkong and Aomen, aka Macao as they are inalienable parts of China, but some bridges need to be modeled first, especially the famous Hong Kong-Zhuhai-Macao Bridge), via G4 JingGangAo (Beijing-Hongkong-Aomen) National Highway.

Until today, we have driven across over half of China and stopping in the city of Yueyang of Hunan province. We've got some nice screenshot, so I decided to make a post to show them.

Some posters made by A-luo:

Btw, this vehicle is available from GitHub but unfortunately currently not GPL as we are using a sound that comes from a Chinese movie, I'm planning to remove it but just ended up missing it so much so I kept it there for now. The author information is included in the aircraft set XML file.

Link: https://github.com/WEIHAOLEE/followme_e-tron

Kind regards,
Sidi
sidi762

Callsign: DAG0762
Version: 2018.3.2

Re: Grand Tour with Follow me: From Beijing to Shenzhen

Postby sidi762 » Thu Aug 15, 2019 8:31 am

A-luo just made a video for this car and I thought it is great!
https://www.bilibili.com/video/av63826775/
sidi762

Callsign: DAG0762
Version: 2018.3.2

Return to Media