Board index FlightGear Development

AI traffic to LIMJ (Genova)

FlightGear is opensource, so you can be the developer. In the need for help on anything? We are here to help you.
Forum rules
Core development is discussed on the official FlightGear-Devel development mailing list.

Bugs can be reported in the bug tracker.

AI traffic to LIMJ (Genova)

Postby teoadams » Sun Jan 23, 2022 3:25 pm

Hi, I'm very new to FG, actually using 2020.3 on win10.
I'm interested in exploring AI traffic and creating customized xml files.
I've tried to fly on AZ1383 and LH1948 and I've noticed that during landing to LIMJ (runaway 10 / coming from north / ) the planes are at 2000 feet and go inside the mountains before turning to right landing direction; I've created my own example of AI flight from LIME or LIML to LIMJ and the behaviour is the same.

Any idea for solving?

Anyone free feel to ask other missing information which I forgot to write...

Teo
teoadams

Re: AI traffic to LIMJ (Genova)

Postby wkitty42 » Sun Jan 23, 2022 10:36 pm

AI craft don't know anything about terrain... they fly a specific FP generated from their origin airport to their destination airport... there is nothing to solve, really... at least nothing that can currently be solved...
"You get more air close to the ground," said Angalo. "I read that in a book. You get lots of air low down, and not much when you go up."
"Why not?" said Gurder.
"Dunno. It's frightened of heights, I guess."
wkitty42

Callsign: wk42
Version: git next

Postby merspieler » Mon Jan 24, 2022 12:28 am

Do AI aircraft follow SIDs/STARs, if available?
If so, creating one would solve that.
Nia (you&, she/her)

Please use gender neutral terms when referring to a group of people!

Be the change you wish to see in the world, be an ally to all!

Join the official matrix space
merspieler

Pronouns: you&, she/her
Callsign: you&, she/her
IRC name: merspieler
Version: next

Postby wkitty42 » Mon Jan 24, 2022 10:35 am

no... AI craft don't know anything other than their origin and destination airports...

AI craft follow a very simple and ballistic track calculated by the AI Traffic Manager code...

the AI Traffic Manager code is slowly being dissected, understood, fixed, and enhanced in several ways but it is taking some time and will take quite a bit more time before it is completed... by then it should properly handle flights for several classes of craft... at least it hopefully won't be trying to make GA craft fly like long-haul tubeliners...

i have no clue if having the AI Traffic Manager will ever use SIDs/STARs... if it does, i expect that will be in the distant future...

AI craft are specifically not "HOT" for numerous reasons... flying through terrain being one of those ;)
"You get more air close to the ground," said Angalo. "I read that in a book. You get lots of air low down, and not much when you go up."
"Why not?" said Gurder.
"Dunno. It's frightened of heights, I guess."
wkitty42

Callsign: wk42
Version: git next

Return to Development