Board index FlightGear Development

New Bug  Topic is solved

FlightGear is opensource, so you can be the developer. In the need for help on anything? We are here to help you.
Forum rules
Core development is discussed on the official FlightGear-Devel development mailing list.

Bugs can be reported in the bug tracker.

New Bug

Postby NewsDude » Mon Mar 30, 2020 4:28 pm

I've already pot this in the bug tracker, but I figured that it might be a good idea to post it here as well.

Anyway, I checked the Nightly Directory this morning and saw that an update was made yesterday to the MacBook version (.dmg).

The download went smoothly, but then everything stopped working right. It took 25 minutes to copy the app to my applications folder (which usually takes 2-3 minutes), and then the verification process took forever as well.

After it was finally verified, I tried opening the app and got an error message Image

I've also created a GitHub file with the Problem Details: https://gist.github.com/NewsDude49/baf2 ... c1a10b7f23

Idk what happened, and would appreciate any recommendations people have to fix it.
NewsDude

Re: New Bug

Postby xDraconian » Mon Mar 30, 2020 4:47 pm

There are known issue with MacOS Catalina that a core developer (James) is addressing. May take a few more days for a solution to be available.
xDraconian

Version: Git

Postby NewsDude » Mon Mar 30, 2020 4:52 pm

Okay, so why is it that it is with the most recent update that FlightGear isn't loading at all?

With the previous update, there was a work-around (viewtopic.php?f=21&t=36388).
NewsDude

Postby wkitty42 » Mon Mar 30, 2020 7:45 pm

NewsDude wrote in Mon Mar 30, 2020 4:52 pm:Okay, so why is it that it is with the most recent update that FlightGear isn't loading at all?

it helps to stay up with all the posts on these forums ;)

start here -> https://forum.flightgear.org/viewtopic.php?p=364543#p364543 and read to the end ;)
"You get more air close to the ground," said Angalo. "I read that in a book. You get lots of air low down, and not much when you go up."
"Why not?" said Gurder.
"Dunno. It's frightened of heights, I guess."
wkitty42

Callsign: wk42
Version: git next

Postby NewsDude » Mon Mar 30, 2020 8:03 pm

wkitty42 wrote in Mon Mar 30, 2020 7:45 pm:it helps to stay up with all the posts on these forums ;)

Okay, fair enough. I was up early this morning when I downloaded the new update and so I just assumed that I was the first person to catch it.

@wkitty42, should I keep this topic up or should I delete it so that all information flows through the other one?
NewsDude

Postby wkitty42 » Tue Mar 31, 2020 1:02 am

i'd just leave it be... it'll cycle off the list on its own in a few days and leaving it around may lead others to the other topic when they search ;)
"You get more air close to the ground," said Angalo. "I read that in a book. You get lots of air low down, and not much when you go up."
"Why not?" said Gurder.
"Dunno. It's frightened of heights, I guess."
wkitty42

Callsign: wk42
Version: git next

Return to Development