Board index FlightGear Development

ALS light reflects on Multiple Views

FlightGear is opensource, so you can be the developer. In the need for help on anything? We are here to help you.
Forum rules
Core development is discussed on the official FlightGear-Devel development mailing list.

Bugs can be reported in the bug tracker.

ALS light reflects on Multiple Views

Postby sathish » Thu May 30, 2019 7:18 am

Hi,

Iam trying to enable Landing light on my screen space projection system,where iam seperating the views in to Left,center and Right view(driving outputs from 3 Graphics card). when Iam in pilot view, i can see my landing light spots on all the three views.

Changes has been made in the defaults xml file for setting the offsets (set to zero now) , Y its behaving so..

Can anybody help me to spot my landing light only on the Center view ....

Thanks in Advance
sathish

Re: ALS light reflects on Multiple Views

Postby sathish » Sat Jun 01, 2019 5:31 am

sathish wrote in Thu May 30, 2019 7:18 am:Hi,

Iam trying to enable Landing light on my screen space projection system,where iam seperating the views in to Left,center and Right view(driving outputs from 3 Graphics card). when Iam in pilot view, i can see my landing light spots on all the three views.

Changes has been made in the defaults xml file for setting the offsets (set to zero now) , Y its behaving so..

Can anybody help me to spot my landing light only on the Center view ....

Thanks in Advance
sathish

Postby SurferTim » Fri Oct 04, 2019 10:34 am

I had the same problem. The ALS is ok, but the landing light feature is bad. I stole the landing light from the C172 for both the Citation-X and the DHC6 that I fly regularly at night. That type landing light will not show on all screens (except how it should).

How you adapt that to your aircraft depends on that aircraft. Which aircraft are you talking about?
Fly low. Fly slow. Land on a dime. Twin Otter. https://github.com/SurferTim/dhc6p
My other aircraft is a Citation-X https://github.com/SurferTim/CitationX
PirateAir videos at https://www.youtube.com/user/SurferTim850
SurferTim

Callsign: Pirate
Version: 2020.4.0

Postby Thorsten » Fri Oct 04, 2019 11:52 am

Since I don't have multiple screens, I have no idea how one would have to do it in the renderer. Presumably it's a matter of assigning different screen coordinates somehow, but I can't say.

The ALS is ok, but the landing light feature is bad.

Yeah, people are spoiled these days... When it was introduced, all you could get in the forward renderers was a light imitation that painted a white disc on the screen but didn't illuminate anything.

If you're into detailed light simulations at night, use Rembrandt (or wait for the compositor) - it's what it's for,
Thorsten

Return to Development