Board index FlightGear Development

AI Carrier controls

FlightGear is opensource, so you can be the developer. In the need for help on anything? We are here to help you.
Forum rules
Core development is discussed on the official FlightGear-Devel development mailing list.

Bugs can be reported in the bug tracker.

AI Carrier controls

Postby Thorsten » Sat Nov 11, 2017 11:27 am

As discussed a while ago on the mailing list, I've now converted our AI carrier controls to the scheme that has been introduced with Truman.

For everyone's information, the differences are:

* the control dialog is per carrier, reflecting the features the carrier actually supports (more for Truman, less for Nimitz)
* it can be brought up either by clicking on the 3d model bridge or via a GUI dropdown list of all carriers in the vicinity
* carriers can now be steered individually onto launch, recovery and base course, the setting in the carrier-specific dialog will only affect the specific carrier commanded (it's fun to watch two battle groups doing different things...)
* clickspots on the carriers can alternatively to the GUI be used to control things like JBDs, elevators and lights
* JBDs are no longer commanded automatically when the launchbar engages (or down after launch) - use the clickspot or the GUI for the task

The old AI Carrier dialog does not mesh well with this scheme and has been removed from the menubar.

I suppose for most purposes this will make things easier, especially things like clickspot-commanded elevators have been rather useful in my tests.
Thorsten

Return to Development