Board index FlightGear Development

Heading Error Problem Enquiry

FlightGear is opensource, so you can be the developer. In the need for help on anything? We are here to help you.
Forum rules
Core development is discussed on the official FlightGear-Devel development mailing list.

Bugs can be reported in the bug tracker.

Heading Error Problem Enquiry

Postby angryminister » Sat Jan 14, 2017 1:42 am

My team is working on using JSBSim to create a flight simulator, with the aim for similar results as Flight gear. However, during taxi and takeoff, its been found that there is a strong tendency for the aircarft to yaw strongly right. I have done alot of research on possible reasons, including aerodynamic, structural, wind effects. However, I now suspect it is due to the software, more specifically in the programming of the Autopilot. I have found that other people have had similar problems, and think it has something to do with the heading error function in JSB Sim. I know this is a longshot, but has anybody else found this/know how to find a solution?

<summer name="Heading Corrected">
<input> fcs/heading-error-bias-switch </input>
<input> fcs/heading-error </input>
<clipto>
<min>-30</min>
<max> 30</max>
</clipto>
</summer>
angryminister

Re: Heading Error Problem Enquiry

Postby Alant » Sat Jan 14, 2017 2:23 am

Please give more details. E.G. If the aircraft is a high powered propeller fighter, such efects are normal.

Also, what does the autopilot have to do with taxi and take.off? It is rarely used in those flight phases.

Alan
Alant

Callsign: Tarnish99
Version: latest Git

Re: Heading Error Problem Enquiry

Postby sanhozay » Sat Jan 14, 2017 10:30 am

I have a sense of déjà vu ...

viewtopic.php?t=31290
sanhozay

Callsign: G-SHOZ
Version: Git

Return to Development