Board index FlightGear Development

Maybe Starting Development

FlightGear is opensource, so you can be the developer. In the need for help on anything? We are here to help you.
Forum rules
Core development is discussed on the official FlightGear-Devel development mailing list.

Bugs can be reported in the bug tracker.

Maybe Starting Development

Postby murderbybox » Mon Jan 09, 2017 2:57 am

Hi, everyone. Last time I made a post here, was about a year ago, and that was a PM I believe.

So, long time no see, eh? I'm not necessarily interested in FG, but i am interested in painting.
If anyone would like, i would be happy to start development, as long as i have a guinea pig (Someone with FG installed, which I will send the liveries n' stuff to test and rate), I will start sometime soon.

Leave suggestions (As i'm not great at it, i'm only doing cargo/passenger jets, and GA aircraft) and requests to be the guinea pig.

Thanks in advance, Padawan. :)
murderbybox

Callsign: Padawan

Re: Maybe Starting Development

Postby Johan G » Mon Jan 09, 2017 3:06 pm

If you have not seen it yet, have a look at the FlightGear wiki article Howto:Edit a livery (perm).

Tip: Using 3DViewer (see link in article) and a bit of cleverness (in essence making sure your image file have the same name as the one referenced in the .ac ASCII text file) you can actually preview the liveries without FlightGear, thus speeding up the work. :wink: (It would still be a good idea to have someone test them in a recent FlightGear though.)
Low-level flying — It's all fun and games till someone looses an engine. (Paraphrased from a YouTube video)
Improving the Dassault Mirage F1 (Wiki, Forum, GitLab. Work in slow progress)
Some YouTube videos
Johan G

Callsign: SE-JG
IRC name: Johan_G
Version: 2020.3.4

Re: Maybe Starting Development

Postby murderbybox » Mon Jan 09, 2017 4:13 pm

Well thanks for that, it will come in handy.
murderbybox

Callsign: Padawan

Return to Development