Board index FlightGear Development

Seeking contact info for the creators of Cessna 337G

FlightGear is opensource, so you can be the developer. In the need for help on anything? We are here to help you.
Forum rules
Core development is discussed on the official FlightGear-Devel development mailing list.

Bugs can be reported in the bug tracker.

Seeking contact info for the creators of Cessna 337G

Postby captainjack » Sat Nov 26, 2016 2:34 am

Hello,
I would like to contact the creators of the Cessna 337G aircraft.
I went to the wiki site for the 337G, and the names of the creators are listed as :
Fernando Espinosa,
and
Pavel Cueto,
but,
There are no links to connect to either creator. And there is no information on that wiki for any email addresses, etceteras, for either creator.
Apologies if I am posting my request to the wrong sub-section of the forum, in explanation I can say that I figure that the developper's sub-section of the forum is likely to be full of people who would know the contact information for the creator(s) of any aircraft.
If I should have posted this request elsewhere in the forum, please let me know.
captainjack
cj
Last edited by captainjack on Sat Nov 26, 2016 3:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
captainjack

Re: Seeking contact info for the creators of Cessna 337G

Postby wkitty42 » Sat Nov 26, 2016 3:14 am

FWIW: that is also the only information in the craft's xml files... just their names and nothing else...
"You get more air close to the ground," said Angalo. "I read that in a book. You get lots of air low down, and not much when you go up."
"Why not?" said Gurder.
"Dunno. It's frightened of heights, I guess."
wkitty42

Callsign: wk42
Version: git next

Postby captainjack » Sat Nov 26, 2016 3:20 am

wkitty42: thank you for your response.
I do not yet know how to locate the specific xml files that include creator information.
But because of your post, I now know that whatever those xml files are, they do not contain contact information for the creators of the Cessna 337G.
If you come up with any further information showing how I can contact the creators of the 337, I hope that you will post here again to let me know.
Thank you again for spending your time to reply to my post,
captainjack
cj
captainjack

Postby Michat » Sat Nov 26, 2016 7:44 am

perhaps horacio contreras has el flauta (pavel cuaeto) and/or fernando espinosa email, see contact at http://www.grafikavirtual.com/fgfs/?sec=contactform.php

I had last contact with El Flauta 4 years ago, whe he started sound studies.

Good luck

If not, maybe Forum user Ludomotico JuanVC Juan vera del campo (C172P Detailed ) has the contact as they know each other.

Good luck again.
Last edited by Michat on Tue Nov 29, 2016 8:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Michat

Version: 191b

Postby captainjack » Sun Nov 27, 2016 4:41 am

Michat,
will try your suggestions and thank you.
cj
captainjack

Postby Catalanoic » Sun Nov 27, 2016 8:04 am

If you need i can contact him for you
Catalanoic

Callsign: Catalanoic
Version: 2017.3

Postby captainjack » Tue Nov 29, 2016 1:30 am

Catalanoic wrote in Sun Nov 27, 2016 8:04 am:If you need i can contact him for you

Catalanoic thank you, it would be great if you could determine whether or not he or they are still involved in developping the cessna 337.
If they are no longer involved, then it would make no sense for me to try to contact them.
If he or they are still interested and involved, then I could contact them.
Thank you for the offer, please post again to inform of whatever you learn about their status.
cj
captainjack

Postby sanhozay » Tue Nov 29, 2016 8:37 am

They weren't actively developing the 337 when I did the autopilot and completed the radio stack. My work was committed by someone from the mailing list on the basis that we couldn't get hold of them and it hadn't been updated for some time. This was May 2014.

I was in touch with them some time later and they were ok about it. It's a pity they aren't still active because their 3D models are superb.

Did you want to make some changes?
sanhozay

Callsign: G-SHOZ
Version: Git

Postby captainjack » Wed Nov 30, 2016 6:54 am

sanhozay thank you for your reply.
Yes, I want to try to make some enhancements to the 337g.
It is one of the best aircraft in all of FlightGear, and it deserves a follower or two to look after it.
cj
captainjack

Postby captainjack » Wed Nov 30, 2016 7:21 am

sanhozay wrote in Tue Nov 29, 2016 8:37 am:They weren't actively developing the 337 when I did the autopilot and completed the radio stack. My work was committed by someone from the mailing list on the basis that we couldn't get hold of them and it hadn't been updated for some time. This was May 2014.

I was in touch with them some time later and they were ok about it. It's a pity they aren't still active because their 3D models are superb.

Did you want to make some changes?

sanhozay,
you state "when I did the autopilot",
are you the author of the Navomatic400A.xml file?
cj
captainjack

Postby sanhozay » Wed Nov 30, 2016 9:21 am

I think that particular file was already there. The autopilot control panel switches and knob moved and manipulated the property tree but it didn't have any effect on the aircraft.

That file probably pre-dates the knob/slider animation, which is what I would use if I was writing it now. Is it the middle mouse button to pull the turn knob that you are having a problem with? I think if it used the knob/slider, you'd be able to pull the dial out using alt-lmb.
sanhozay

Postby captainjack » Thu Dec 01, 2016 6:05 pm

sanhozay wrote in Wed Nov 30, 2016 9:21 am:I think that particular file was already there. The autopilot control panel switches and knob moved and manipulated the property tree but it didn't have any effect on the aircraft.

That file probably pre-dates the knob/slider animation, which is what I would use if I was writing it now. Is it the middle mouse button to pull the turn knob that you are having a problem with? I think if it used the knob/slider, you'd be able to pull the dial out using alt-lmb.

hello there sanhozay,
I don't understand much about property trees or knob/slider animations.
I just enjoy the 337 so much that I am happy to be in contact with anyone who had any part in developing it.
I am not having any particular problems with that aircraft that I have not learned to solve on my own.
For instance, as a FlightGear enthusiast who has only a simple mouse (two buttons only, with the right button reserved globally by FlightGear for mouse button[2] functions), I have already learned to edit the Navomatic's xml file to allow me to control the autopilot completely using only my mouse's left button (button[0]) and the CTRL, SHIFT and ALT keyboard modifier keys.
I am making a little bit of progress!
About making changes, yes, I notice some problems in the 337's sound department.
I have put out some feelers to learn whether or not the aircraft's original developers are still involved in the aircraft.
If they are still involved, I want to ask their permission to make some changes.
If they are no longer involved, I want to make some changes on my own in order to enable the audio panel and enhance some other issues with audio sound, and submit those changes to the community for purposes of quality control and hopefully implementation.
Please tell me what you think!
cj
captainjack

Postby sanhozay » Thu Dec 01, 2016 10:21 pm

captainjack wrote in Thu Dec 01, 2016 6:05 pm:[I don't understand much about property trees or knob/slider animations.

You will. ;)

About making changes, yes, I notice some problems in the 337's sound department.
If they are no longer involved, I want to make some changes on my own in order to enable the audio panel and enhance some other issues with audio sound ...

In short, go for it! Send your changes to me and I'll take responsibility and appropriate steps to get them into FGADDON. Obviously you need to make sure it is your own work (or derived from GPL2 or GPL2 compatible work), copyrighted by you and licensed as GPL2.

Make sure you use the current version in FGADDON as your base and be prepared to update it, i.e. be able to repeatedly download the aircraft via svn or git-svn.

http://wiki.flightgear.org/FGAddon
sanhozay

Postby captainjack » Thu Dec 01, 2016 11:35 pm

sanhozay wrote in Thu Dec 01, 2016 10:21 pm:
captainjack wrote in Thu Dec 01, 2016 6:05 pm:[I don't understand much about property trees or knob/slider animations.

You will. ;)

If they are no longer involved, I want to make some changes on my own in order to enable the audio panel and enhance some other issues with audio sound ...

In short, go for it! Send your changes to me and I'll take responsibility and appropriate steps to get them into FGADDON. Obviously you need to make sure it is your own work (or derived from GPL2 or GPL2 compatible work), copyrighted by you and licensed as GPL2.

Make sure you use the current version in FGADDON as your base and be prepared to update it, i.e. be able to repeatedly download the aircraft via svn or git-svn.

http://wiki.flightgear.org/FGAddon

sanhozay hello,
You say "I'll take responsibility".
Are you sure?
I have the current fgaddon installed. I'm good.
When you say "I'll take responsibility", I'm not worried about hour hard drive, or megabytes or gigabytes, I assume you can handle all that.
I'm worried about your clock.
It would take many hours of your time for you to review my work, and even after a good review, it would probably take you a few hours more to push my work into the official FGAddon Hangar.
Me, I love FlightGear, FlightGear is AWESOME, and I love investing time into it to try to make whatever improvements I can.
You?
When you say "I'll take responsibility", do you say that with full understanding of what that might cost you in the time domain?
I hope you say "yes"!
If you say "yes", then prepare for "incoming" files directed your way :)
cj
captainjack

Postby sanhozay » Thu Dec 01, 2016 11:43 pm

I'm becoming more worried about my sanity than time. If I am overcome, I will say so.

Don't do piles of work and send me everything at the end. Do something small, make it work, send it.
sanhozay

Next

Return to Development