Board index FlightGear Development

Developers Needed

FlightGear is opensource, so you can be the developer. In the need for help on anything? We are here to help you.
Forum rules
Core development is discussed on the official FlightGear-Devel development mailing list.

Bugs can be reported in the bug tracker.

Developers Needed

Postby SplitDecision » Sun Sep 25, 2016 10:25 pm

I started this topic as a way for people to find developers to help in development projects for FlightGear...

If your a developer wishing to contribute to an aircraft or other FlightGear feature this could be a great way to find a development project to add your skills to.

If you are in need of developers this is a good way of advertising your project for developers to help, or for you to find developers that are willing to help.

I hope this topic is useful, and can be established well.
Developing the RNZAF A4K Skyhawk for FlightGear. Download: https://github.com/FGMEMBERS/A-4K
SplitDecision

Callsign: SplitDec, NZStrik

Re: Developers Needed

Postby SplitDecision » Sun Sep 25, 2016 10:26 pm

Developers needed to assist development of an A-4K Skyhawk for FlightGear

Martien van der P and I are currently developing an A-4K Skyhawk for FlightGear. The A-4K Skyhawk was the main type of air combat aircraft for New Zealand between 1970 and 2001. In the late 80's all aircraft were gradually upgraded to meet the global standard of fighter jet technology of the time. The upgrade effectively gave A-4K's the eyes and ears of an F-16 fighter meaning it was the most modern A-4 Skyhawk of the time. In 2001 all NZ air combat squadrons were disbanded and aircraft put in storage. 10 years later they were either sent to museums or sold to Draken international in the US where 7 still operate today.

Martien is currently trying to finish the weapons scripts within the time he has (which is very limited) therefore the project is almost grinding to a halt. My skills are mostly model making and texturing, so although I have more time I don't have the skills needed to advance the project on my own. Therefore we need developers if you want to be part of creating one of the most modernized A-4 Skyhawks in existence for FlightGear and have your name credited for your work then please checkout the forum topic on this aircraft at viewtopic.php?f=4&t=27751&start=30 and send me a PM. You could be helping Martien finish the weapons scripts, helping bring the cockpit of this aircraft to life, creating a custom HUD or canvas system, or even more!

The Kahu cockpit with Feranti 4510 wide angle HUD, MFD's, APG-66 radar, and other avionics.
Developing the RNZAF A4K Skyhawk for FlightGear. Download: https://github.com/FGMEMBERS/A-4K
SplitDecision

Callsign: SplitDec, NZStrik

Return to Development