Board index FlightGear Development

FlightGear Menu Translation Files in Portuguese

FlightGear is opensource, so you can be the developer. In the need for help on anything? We are here to help you.
Forum rules
Core development is discussed on the official FlightGear-Devel development mailing list.

Bugs can be reported in the bug tracker.

FlightGear Menu Translation Files in Portuguese

Postby Lizandro » Mon Apr 25, 2016 11:28 pm

Hi!

I would like receive the last translation files in Portuguese (atc.xml, menu.xml, options.xml and sys.xml) synchronized with English master resource of FlightGear menu.

After translating these files, how can I send the files to be added in the next release of FlightGear?

Thanks!
FlightGear Brazil Team
http://www.br.flightgear.org
Lizandro

Callsign: LIZ-BR
Version: 2016.2

Re: FlightGear Menu Translation Files in Portuguese

Postby elgaton » Tue Apr 26, 2016 10:42 am

Hi again!

Lizandro wrote in Mon Apr 25, 2016 11:28 pm:I would like receive the last translation files in Portuguese (atc.xml, menu.xml, options.xml and sys.xml) synchronized with English master resource of FlightGear menu.

Contrary to what is stated in the XML files, there seems to be no script to synchronize the English XML files with the translated ones (or, at least, I haven't found it). The synchronization must be performed manually (as I did for the Italian translation) by:
  • checking for new/updated strings in the English file;
  • inserting them in the Portuguese file.

I'll get the files ready in a couple of hours at most.

Lizandro wrote in Mon Apr 25, 2016 11:28 pm:After translating these files, how can I send the files to be added in the next release of FlightGear?

The best way to do it would be to:
  1. fork and clone the fgdata repository, then committing the translations to your personal fork;
  2. requesting your edits to be merged.
The Wiki page I linked to should have all the instructions (of course, feel free to ask if you need further clarifications).

As an alternative, you can copy and paste the files here and I'll take care of getting them uploaded.

Finally, a quick remark - the next FlightGear version will be published in approximately twenty days, so, if you'd like the Portuguese translation to be included, you should have it ready in at most ten days/two weeks (this to allow the testers to check the new version before publishing it).
-----
EDIT: I've synchronized the files, get them from here. Note that:
  • the file must be saved with the UTF-8 encoding;
  • new or updated strings in the original English version have "???" as the translation, I've left the other ones untouched.
NIATCA 2nd admin, regular ATC at LIPX and creator of the LIPX custom scenery
elgaton

Callsign: I-ELGA/LIPX_TW
Version: Git

Return to Development