Board index FlightGear Development

FG Connection via external app

FlightGear is opensource, so you can be the developer. In the need for help on anything? We are here to help you.
Forum rules
Core development is discussed on the official FlightGear-Devel development mailing list.

Bugs can be reported in the bug tracker.

FG Connection via external app

Postby mr.mnajafi » Fri Apr 01, 2016 9:42 am

Hello.
I'm developing an client for a virtual airline, which can connect to FSX, P3D, FS2004, etc,... via FSUIPC. i got that the FSUIPC is unable to connect to simulators like FlightGear or XPlane. and the other side, the only simulators that can launch in the Linux are these simulators and I want to add support for these simulators in my client. is there any way to do it ?

i want to get some simple data, like latitude/longitude, speed, GS, Flaps, V/S, etc, ...

(Via C#.NET)
mr.mnajafi

Re: FG Connection via external app

Postby jaxsin » Fri Apr 01, 2016 11:31 am

Most of that can be grabbed through the property tree using Torsten's built in web server. At least that is a forward facing service that you can connect to and c# should be able to handle http protocol. Just a thought
jaxsin

Postby Hooray » Fri Apr 01, 2016 6:07 pm

My suggestion would be to run a forum search for FSUIPC
Please don't send support requests by PM, instead post your questions on the forum so that all users can contribute and benefit
Thanks & all the best,
Hooray
Help write next month's newsletter !
pui2canvas | MapStructure | Canvas Development | Programming resources
Hooray

Pronouns: THOU

Postby mr.mnajafi » Sun Apr 03, 2016 5:32 pm

I ran that, and excatly nothing found :|
mr.mnajafi

Postby Hooray » Sun Apr 03, 2016 6:53 pm

You could start here:

http://wiki.flightgear.org/Property_tree

Especially, look at the navbar on the right hand side. You should find most of this very interesting (and much easier than FSUPIC).

I have added a new article (stub) to the wiki: http://wiki.flightgear.org/FSUIPC

You can find tons of relevant information by searching the mailing lists for FSUIPC.

If you'd be willing to help create/update the corresponding wiki article, I will be glad to provide additional pointers.
Please don't send support requests by PM, instead post your questions on the forum so that all users can contribute and benefit
Thanks & all the best,
Hooray
Help write next month's newsletter !
pui2canvas | MapStructure | Canvas Development | Programming resources
Hooray

Pronouns: THOU

Postby F-JOUA » Mon Jun 26, 2017 10:11 am

Hello,
It's just what I'm looking for, I'm very interested.
What is the status of the work?
thanks
F-JOUA

Postby F-JOUA » Mon Jun 26, 2017 10:15 am

mr.mnajafi wrote in Fri Apr 01, 2016 9:42 am:Hello.
I'm developing an client for a virtual airline, which can connect to FSX, P3D, FS2004, etc,... via FSUIPC. i got that the FSUIPC is unable to connect to simulators like FlightGear or XPlane. and the other side, the only simulators that can launch in the Linux are these simulators and I want to add support for these simulators in my client. is there any way to do it ?

i want to get some simple data, like latitude/longitude, speed, GS, Flaps, V/S, etc, ...

(Via C#.NET)

Hello,
It's just what I'm looking for, I'm very interested.
What is the status of the work?
thanks
F-JOUA

Return to Development