Board index FlightGear Development

Small investment (blender)

FlightGear is opensource, so you can be the developer. In the need for help on anything? We are here to help you.
Forum rules
Core development is discussed on the official FlightGear-Devel development mailing list.

Bugs can be reported in the bug tracker.

Small investment (blender)

Postby magicmaze » Thu Jul 30, 2015 1:40 am

Hey all,

Flight simulation has always been a big passion of mine. I really wish to contribute to the community instead of just being an idle consumer of the fruits it produces. Therefore, I would like someone to teach me how to create models and textures for the planes in FG in exchange for me being on their team in the future (long term). I have Skype and can screenshare to make things easier (plus I have motivation and I am a fast learner :) ) I have previous experience in Photoshop, however I understand that Blender is something else entirely. I would greatly appreciate any help and possibly a long term partnership.

Thank you,
TJ
magicmaze

Re: Small investment (blender)

Postby legoboyvdlp » Thu Jul 30, 2015 1:44 am

Hey! Why don't you start by trying tonmake some liveries?
The Boeing 717 from www.gothub.com/FGMEMBERS/717 has two- some more might be nice!
And helljah, Marc Kraus, JWOCKY (FDM and Systems) and IAHM-COL (3D) Richard Harrison Thorsten gsagostinho (textures0
Might be able to help,
Glad you joined, and want to contribute!
Another easy thing to do is look for bugs!
If you use windows,
Download flightgear from www.flightgear.org/downloads/builds/nightly/ and download 3.7.0-full.exe and then you can look for bugs! You will have to download the full gb again if you want to test a newer one say next month though unless you can use Git or SVN
Enjoy,
legoboyvdlp

Callsign: G-LEGO
Version: next

Postby magicmaze » Thu Jul 30, 2015 3:57 am

Thanks for the suggestions :)

Can you please tell me how I would start making liveries?

Additionally, I still want to get into blender cockpit modeling, so the offer is still up...

Thanks,
TJ
magicmaze

Postby legoboyvdlp » Thu Jul 30, 2015 12:50 pm

Use GIMP to edit the .xcf files usually in AircraftFoldername/Paintkit, if not maybe convert a ,.png to xcf.
legoboyvdlp

Callsign: G-LEGO
Version: next

Return to Development