Board index FlightGear Development

FG 3.5 Nightly Buld (35Mb) Sweet :)

FlightGear is opensource, so you can be the developer. In the need for help on anything? We are here to help you.
Forum rules
Core development is discussed on the official FlightGear-Devel development mailing list.

Bugs can be reported in the bug tracker.

FG 3.5 Nightly Buld (35Mb) Sweet :)

Postby japreja » Fri Jun 26, 2015 5:38 am

Hi all,

I grabbed the nightly build from sourceforge and installed the 35Mb version. I noticed some things that I'll send to the dev mailing list as I am not too familiar with filling out bug reports on SF.net.

The 2 bugs I noticed were with the installer:

• Windows 7 (32-bit) OpenAL install reports "intl.dll" as missing, I just clicked OK and it seems to work fine.
  • The start menu folder for 3.5 is installing to "games/FlightGear 3.4.0" I changed it to "games/FlightGear 3.5.0" incase it would overwrite anything I wanted to keep.

I used the git of FGData next I had already downloaded a few days ago and have been keeping up to date, this was also from sf.net.

Other than that it looks and plays Great. I'm off to play with the SpaceShuttle, later :D
japreja

Re: FG 3.5 Nightly Buld (35Mb) Sweet :)

Postby clrCoda » Fri Jun 26, 2015 5:45 am

I just wanted to mention that I reported the intl.dll issue already.
http://sourceforge.net/p/flightgear/codetickets/1725/

One can change the folder, obviously, but I wanted to mention in case someone finding this thread in the future needed the info, that FG installs to during the installation process in a dialog that comes up during installation.

--Ray
Ray St. Marie
clrCoda

Re: FG 3.5 Nightly Buld (35Mb) Sweet :)

Postby japreja » Tue Jun 30, 2015 12:07 pm

Once the feature freeze is over, the files will be fixed regarding intl.dll as noted in the flightgear-devel mailing list post
japreja

Return to Development