Board index FlightGear Development

Wingman control gui

FlightGear is opensource, so you can be the developer. In the need for help on anything? We are here to help you.
Forum rules
Core development is discussed on the official FlightGear-Devel development mailing list.

Bugs can be reported in the bug tracker.

Wingman control gui

Postby tsx2006 » Sun May 24, 2015 11:27 am

Hi all!
I am not sure whether I am in the right "department" if not a hint would be nice.
Nor to my question:
I try to use the wingman control, wingman itself works and the planes show up, but what worked only once was the control either with the open/close button in the gui or with the ctrl-I shortcut via the keyboard. I didn't change anything now all I get is an error message in the command window:
Code: Select all
Nasal runtime error: non-objects have no members
at /sim/bindings/gui/binding[9], line 1

I added two snippets of code to my *-set.xml file according to a posting in the forum.
Code: Select all
<key n="9">
     <name>Ctrl-I</name>
     <desc>Show configuration dialog</desc>
     <binding>
         <command>nasal</command>
         <script>formation.formation_dialog.toggle()</script>
     </binding>
</key>

<nasal>
   <formation>
   <file>Aircraft/Generic/formation.nas</file>
   </formation>
</nasal>

The plane I am flying ist the North American T-2C Buckeye the wingmen are the same.
As I said the wingman itself are working but the control is not or was only once, I am at loss.

Aside from that on more question, is there a way to get the wingmen raise an lower their gear according to the plane the user is flying and to rotate their propellers?

Thanks for helping

Harro
Grumman F-14b "Tomcat", North American T-2 "Buckeye", Lockheed SR-71 "Blackbird",
Cessna 172 "Skyhawk", Cessna 152
tsx2006

Callsign: habu01
Version: 2019.1.1

Re: Wingman control gui

Postby captainjack » Fri Dec 09, 2016 9:58 pm

tsx2006 wrote in Sun May 24, 2015 11:27 am:Aside from that on more question, is there a way to get the wingmen raise an lower their gear according to the plane the user is flying and to rotate their propellers?

hello Harro,
did you ever figure out how to get the wingmen to raise / lower their gear, or rotate their propellers?
I'm a bit stuck at the same roadblock.
I can get any aircraft in the fgaddon hangar to serve as wingman, but cannot get them to raise / lower their gear when I raise or lower mine, nor can I get the piston prop wingmen to spin their props.
The b29 and f16 and seahawk and bucaneer wingmen, however, all do what they should! It is very fun to see a full squadron of b29s raising their gear when I raise mine (me in my cessna 337G). It is awesome to watch. But each of those aircraft came with a wingman file or some wingmen files already configured. I am studying those wingmen files but have not yet figured it out.
cj
captainjack

Postby Necolatis » Sat Dec 10, 2016 12:05 pm

Thats real simple to do, just make for example the gears on the wingmen depend on same property that the aircraft you are flying in. Same for propellers etc..

Try check out my hangar, the alphajet wingman example there. (link is below my post)
"Airplane travel is nature's way of making you look like your passport photo."
— Al Gore
Necolatis

Callsign: Leto
IRC name: Neco
Version: 2020.3.19

Postby captainjack » Sat Dec 10, 2016 9:59 pm

Necolatis wrote in Sat Dec 10, 2016 12:05 pm:Thats real simple to do, just make for example the gears on the wingmen depend on same property that the aircraft you are flying in. Same for propellers etc..

Try check out my hangar, the alphajet wingman example there. (link is below my post)

Hi Necolatis and thanks, I am studying wingmen xml files and I will visit your hangar to look at alphajet!
cj
captainjack

Return to Development