Board index FlightGear Development

New QT launcher has Bohemian Rhapsody Lyrics in descriptions

FlightGear is opensource, so you can be the developer. In the need for help on anything? We are here to help you.
Forum rules
Core development is discussed on the official FlightGear-Devel development mailing list.

Bugs can be reported in the bug tracker.

New QT launcher has Bohemian Rhapsody Lyrics in descriptions

Postby clrCoda » Fri Apr 24, 2015 1:36 pm

The last couple of 3.5 win nightly builds I have installed include the QT launcher where each plane description includes the lyrics to Queen's Bohemian Rhapsody. "Very very frightning!" hehe :)

A bug report was submitted this morning after installing this mornings nightly build and seeing this situation has persisted over several builds.

--Ray
Ray St. Marie
clrCoda

Re: New QT launcher has Bohemian Rhapsody Lyrics in descript

Postby IAHM-COL » Fri Apr 24, 2015 2:40 pm

Is this a potential copyright infringement?
If we gave everybody in the World free software today, but we failed to teach them about the four freedoms, five years from now, would they still have it? Probably not, because if they don’t recognise their freedoms, they’ll let their freedoms fall
IAHM-COL
Retired

Callsign: HK-424D or ICAO4243
Version: 3.7-git

Postby clrCoda » Fri Apr 24, 2015 3:55 pm

absolutely.
illegal to publish this controlled work. "Galileo, Galileo!"
Ray St. Marie
clrCoda

Postby IAHM-COL » Fri Apr 24, 2015 3:59 pm

but amazing song. If we are to infridge copyrights, let it be Queen's style :P
ROFL
If we gave everybody in the World free software today, but we failed to teach them about the four freedoms, five years from now, would they still have it? Probably not, because if they don’t recognise their freedoms, they’ll let their freedoms fall
IAHM-COL
Retired

Postby Hooray » Fri Apr 24, 2015 4:19 pm

IAHM-COL wrote in Fri Apr 24, 2015 2:40 pm:Is this a potential copyright infringement?
[..] If we are to infridge copyrights, let it be Queen's style :P

@IAHM-COL: given your "understanding" of copyright/software licensing (GPL) and git concepts, you should really not be maintaining a clone of FlightGear, certainly not one trying to attract more and more aircraft developers.

PS: What you are seeing is placeholder text for upcoming functionality - just google "lorem ipsum".
Please don't send support requests by PM, instead post your questions on the forum so that all users can contribute and benefit
Thanks & all the best,
Hooray
Help write next month's newsletter !
pui2canvas | MapStructure | Canvas Development | Programming resources
Hooray

Postby clrCoda » Fri Apr 24, 2015 4:22 pm

Hooray wrote in Fri Apr 24, 2015 4:19 pm: What you are seeing is placeholder text for upcoming functionality - just google "lorem ipsum".

Exactly what I presumed. And seems i've said as much everywhere I've talked about this except those places where it counts, D'OH :)
Ray St. Marie
clrCoda

Postby IAHM-COL » Fri Apr 24, 2015 4:23 pm

Dear Hooray

Can you elaborate?
I do have a clone of flightgear git repository in my pc, which I use to pull updates and recompile.
I don't do any c++ development for this project, so my clone of the flightgear git is up2date with the sourceforge repo, or a few commits behind when the train leaves me. Is this any problem?

Other than than, I have no other clones or forks of Flightgear [Which under GPL clause will not be illegal, if I were]

Best,
IH-COL

"Momma... I've killed a man :P "
IAHM-COL
Retired

Return to Development