Board index FlightGear Development

About embracing contributions (split from Cloning fgdata ... )

FlightGear is opensource, so you can be the developer. In the need for help on anything? We are here to help you.
Forum rules
Core development is discussed on the official FlightGear-Devel development mailing list.

Bugs can be reported in the bug tracker.

Re: About embracing contributions (split from Cloning fgdata

Postby wlbragg » Thu Mar 26, 2015 9:11 pm

Torsten wrote in Tue Mar 24, 2015 10:43 am:
wlbragg wrote in Tue Mar 24, 2015 10:21 am:type of censorship that is currently in place ther

wlbragg wrote in Tue Mar 24, 2015 10:21 am:a system that has been turning away or locking out developers

Can you elaborate what contributions have been censored and who has been locked out?
That probably did not happen intentionally and we should rule this out.
At least I have granted everybody who had commit rights to gitorious the same priviledges on SourceForge on request of that contributor.
I had loved to make this an automatic process but that was not possible because I couldn't match usernames between gitorious and SF.

Torsten

A bit strong, for that I apologize

I am only responding to this now because it started this thread and either I got confused and cross posted a reply or slight of foot was at hand and Torsten's original post was relocated to this thread (not to be construed as a conspiracy theory).
I replied to you in the other thread where I thought it was originally posted. But here is what I said.

The only other thing I have to say, (I thought I already did but it was gone when I looked at this thread again), Torsten, you know what I am talking about. I don't think my reply ever made it to the board and yours is gone.
But what I said was basically, it had nothing to do with you or your administration of anything. It was one incident, the "dash" incident. I didn't agree with it, it sets a bad precedence.

To further expand on why I disagreed with this decision was I was under the impression this was a model of an actual scientific real life craft made by a University or students? Just the kind of thing I think FlightGear should be trying to attract. I didn't see it as being in a state that wasn't the same or better than others included in the repo. Just my opinion and I am not privy to any nuance in selection of what is allowed to be included.
It was just one indecent that I didn't agree with. Not really a basis for the strong language of censorship on my part, thus why I apologize and take that back.

I am two days behind in the discovery of this conversation and that is why I am answering this now.

All I really want to do from this point forward is get back to work.
Kansas and Ohio/Midwest scenery development.
KEQA, 3AU, KRCP Airport Layout
Intel i7/GeForce RTX 2070/Max-Q
wlbragg

Callsign: WC2020
Version: next

Re: About embracing contributions (split from Cloning fgdata

Postby Torsten » Thu Mar 26, 2015 10:16 pm

Thank you for the clarification.
That closes the case for me.

Kind Regards,
Torsten
flightgear.org - where development happens.
Torsten

Callsign: offline
Version: next

Previous

Return to Development