Board index FlightGear Development

FG 3.4 Windows: File Selection Box

FlightGear is opensource, so you can be the developer. In the need for help on anything? We are here to help you.
Forum rules
Core development is discussed on the official FlightGear-Devel development mailing list.

Bugs can be reported in the bug tracker.

Re: FG 3.4 Windows: File Selection Box

Postby wkitty42 » Fri Mar 06, 2015 5:27 pm

clrCoda wrote in Fri Mar 06, 2015 6:37 am:alt-tab, no go in a full screen mode. That is, the system does not respond to ALT-TAB, but it does respond to CTRL-ALT-DELETE

interesting... it was worth a try... i don't know that i have any... wait... yes i do... i run stellarium (and another one or two astronomy programs) in fullscreen mode... i'm able to ALT-TAB from each of them and even from one to another that's running fullscreen... perhaps there's a difference in the way fullscreen mode is implemented? that's on my toshiba laptop... hummm...
"You get more air close to the ground," said Angalo. "I read that in a book. You get lots of air low down, and not much when you go up."
"Why not?" said Gurder.
"Dunno. It's frightened of heights, I guess."
wkitty42

Callsign: wk42
Version: git next

Postby mhab » Fri Mar 06, 2015 11:18 pm

It is definitely possible to use Alt+TAB in fullscreen mode (Win 7 environment) and it is possible to find the fileselection box (FSB) this way.
The background displayed behind the FSB then is a bit unexected sometimes.

1) startup FG in full screen mode
2) try screenshot dir
3) nothing seems to happen
4) Alt+TAB travel to the window where the FSB is
5) background then: Splashscreen as during FG startup
6) close FSB and display returns to fullscreen flightgear

In other situations the background behind the FSB seemed to be a screen from some seconds before ...

Mike-DE
mhab

Callsign: D-MIKE
Version: 2020.3.4

Postby clrCoda » Sat Mar 07, 2015 6:37 am

I can confirm that.

Once I do CTRL-ALT-DELETE to get any os control of my machine from being in the fullscreen, after that point, ALT-TAB works.
Ray St. Marie
clrCoda

Postby wlbragg » Sat Mar 07, 2015 7:26 am

alt-tab is the only way to get to the directory pop-up in full screen. You can alt-tab through any open windows back around to FG and the directory pop-up or to any other window that is not completely covering the directory pop-up and get to it.

In windowed mode it appears to be working correctly and pops up in front of the main FG window.
Kansas and Ohio/Midwest scenery development.
KEQA, 3AU, KRCP Airport Layout
Intel i7/GeForce RTX 2070/Max-Q
wlbragg

Callsign: WC2020
Version: next

Previous

Return to Development