Board index FlightGear Development

ALERT FOR A320NEO PILOTS

FlightGear is opensource, so you can be the developer. In the need for help on anything? We are here to help you.
Forum rules
Core development is discussed on the official FlightGear-Devel development mailing list.

Bugs can be reported in the bug tracker.

ALERT FOR A320NEO PILOTS

Postby dtlan201 » Thu Jun 05, 2014 10:08 am

Late this afternoon, I flew a320neo when I go to the waypoint that set for the holding pattern. Suddenly, the AP is out off control. I had clicked on the AP button but it still not response. Then I reset the fmgc loop but it worked until I change to the waypoint set for the holding pattern, it down again. Thanks for help of Omega Pilot and some lucky I had land successful without Autopilot.
Hope you deverlopers read this topic and fix it and pilot won't have this mistake.
dtlan201

Callsign: MIA0774
Version: 2019.2.0

Re: ALERT FOR A320NEO PILOTS

Postby Jabberwocky » Thu Jun 05, 2014 5:55 pm

I was once on my way to KMCI (Kansas City) coming from Honululu, I think. At some point A/P wen to Nirvana, and I got nothing with my radio, no com, no nav, nothing ... So, I had to go deeper, step by step, search a little and follow the I-70. Almost missed the exit to the airport though and had to circle over the parking garage. All because Omage wasn't near ... yeah ...
But seriously, maybe it is a good idea for pilots to know at least enough to go down in one piece if the A/P hates them? Just such a thought?

J.
Jabberwocky
Retired

Callsign: JWOCKY
Version: 3.0.0

Postby EDDM08R » Fri Jun 06, 2014 3:27 pm

I have similar problems, before I enter an Holding, I change to HDG-Mode and set the Holding-path by my own.

One other issue that I have is that I can fly only one leg with the FMS, for other flights the FMS is not activated all the time, after passing a waypoint, the routemanager disconnects. Then I have to follow the Route by changing the HDG flight course by my own.
A relaunch of the program for every single flight is not so nice.
MAS - Munich Aviation Spotter
Visit and Like - Thanks :)
EDDM08R

Callsign: PLAGIAT
Version: 2016.1

Postby omega95 » Thu Jul 10, 2014 3:37 pm

Make sure you pull the latest A320neo - the holding pattern system works now. :D
Merlion Virtual Airlines - the experience of a flight time...
Get high quality aircraft, airports, video tutorials or development tools from my hangar.
omega95

Callsign: MIA0001, OM-EGA
IRC name: omega95
Version: 2.12 git

Postby legoboyvdlp » Fri Aug 15, 2014 12:56 am

Omega can you email the zip of it and the E-Jets to legoboyvdlp? The ones I downloaded don't open/work or files missing. EDIT: sorry legoboyvdlp at gmail.com
Last edited by Gijs on Fri Aug 15, 2014 7:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Emailaddress
legoboyvdlp

Callsign: G-LEGO
Version: next

Return to Development