Board index FlightGear Development

Proposal of Akoya from LISA Airplanes

FlightGear is opensource, so you can be the developer. In the need for help on anything? We are here to help you.
Forum rules
Core development is discussed on the official FlightGear-Devel development mailing list.

Bugs can be reported in the bug tracker.

Proposal of Akoya from LISA Airplanes

Postby didier1963 » Sun Jun 23, 2013 8:42 pm

HI guy's,

That's now couple of weeks that our project is born, started on a joke, on Helijah's forum, that I made to F-GTUX based on picture sent by OOZVY.
He was saying that if someone could make the 3D, he would do the FDM's (Both YASim & JSBSim)........ bingo............... here I am!! I though I would make a kick modeling from the outside shape!!
So I won't go through all the story, every thing is there : http://embaranger.free.fr/viewtopic.php?id=916.

I'm reading what's available on your forum, but I just like to have clarifications as it is my first plane (in fact the second as I was working on a Caravelle SE-210 10B-3 when I saw Lionel's message) :

My first though was to use CC licence, but, to be able to get the plane flying, we borowed some files (Xml & Nasal) from other planes in FG Hangar.
If I'm not wrong, it is not possible to put the plane in CC if there is GNU-GPL files in its folder.
I would like to share our work with FG comunity by proposing the plane for FG hangar. Is that possible if we manage to replace the GNU's files & get every thing made from us?
didier1963

Re: Proposal of Akoya from LISA Airplanes

Postby Gijs » Sun Jun 23, 2013 8:53 pm

Hi,

nice aircraft that you've chosen!

didier1963 wrote in Sun Jun 23, 2013 8:42 pm:If I'm not wrong, it is not possible to put the plane in CC if there is GNU-GPL files in its folder.

Correct. You could however attach licenses to individual files, but that would be rather troublesome to work with.
I would like to share our work with FG comunity by proposing the plane for FG hangar. Is that possible if we manage to replace the GNU's files & get every thing made from us?

Aircraft need to be GPL licensed to end up in the official repository. You don't need to remove GPL'ed files from your aircraft, it's the CC files that need to be removed. If all the CC files are completely your own work, you can simply release them under the GPL, making the entire aircraft GPL.

Cheers,
Gijs
Airports: EHAM, EHLE, KSFO
Aircraft: 747-400
Gijs

Callsign: PH-GYS
Version: Git

Return to Development