Board index FlightGear Development

FlightGear AutoPirep via MPServer

FlightGear is opensource, so you can be the developer. In the need for help on anything? We are here to help you.
Forum rules
Core development is discussed on the official FlightGear-Devel development mailing list.

Bugs can be reported in the bug tracker.

FlightGear AutoPirep via MPServer

Postby kheitzman » Sat Apr 20, 2013 3:47 pm

So I got a little crazy last night and have created an AutoPirep system based on MPServer. It logs and tracks flight data at 5 second intervals. It can easily be extended to fill out a form/fill in tables on a database for Pireps.

It's web based so it has it's limitations but I think it has potential.

Some sample URLS

http://fg.flyalaska.org/autopirep
http://fg.flyalaska.org/autopirep/fligh ... ght-id=534

kheitzman

Callsign: CVAO1
Version: GIT

Re: FlightGear AutoPirep via MPServer

Postby omega95 » Wed Apr 24, 2013 7:50 am

I've tried messing around with tracking flights using the mpserver for merlion but it never gave me all the information I wanted like fuel used, flight phase (which can be guessed), flight plan, actual flight number etc. Would it be possible to get all the data an aircraft transmits to an mpserver in sim/multiplay/generic for this purpose?

Cheers!
Merlion Virtual Airlines - the experience of a flight time...
Get high quality aircraft, airports, video tutorials or development tools from my hangar.
omega95

Callsign: MIA0001, OM-EGA
IRC name: omega95
Version: 2.12 git

Re: FlightGear AutoPirep via MPServer

Postby kheitzman » Fri Apr 26, 2013 7:14 pm

There's not that I can see. It's easy enough to adapt this to run on a local computer and pulling the data from the HTTP property option. I actually have a semi working version but it requires running this is a webserver itself on your computer. Too complicated for the general user.
kheitzman

Callsign: CVAO1
Version: GIT

Return to Development