Board index FlightGear Development

Having a problem with cockpit view

FlightGear is opensource, so you can be the developer. In the need for help on anything? We are here to help you.
Forum rules
Core development is discussed on the official FlightGear-Devel development mailing list.

Bugs can be reported in the bug tracker.

Having a problem with cockpit view

Postby summerzhang » Tue Dec 25, 2012 8:34 am

I changed others' aircraft to create my own plane.
Here is the question:When I chose my aircraft and it loaded sucessfully,I found the cockpit view was outside the aircraft,not inside the aircraft.
The original one's cockpit view was ok.
I think this is a small problem,but I dont know where and how to solve it.
I need a little help.
Thank you. :D
summerzhang

Re: Having a problem with cockpit view

Postby Gijs » Tue Dec 25, 2012 9:53 am

You can reposition the views in your aircraft's -set.xml file, see our wiki for instructions http://wiki.flightgear.org/Howto:Config ... FlightGear

It might be that your aircraft model is wrongly sized or orientated, but that should be obvious if you compare it to buildings and see if it flies in the direction of the nose ;-)
Airports: EHAM, EHLE, KSFO
Aircraft: 747-400
Gijs

Callsign: PH-GYS
Version: Git

Re: Having a problem with cockpit view

Postby Kabuki » Thu Jan 17, 2013 10:57 pm

Hehe, I have the same experience with my first try at modding an existing plane into a new one. Except in my case, I can see the instruments only, floating in space. I kinda like it, actually. For now, anyway.

I'm pretty sure what's happening has to do with the fact that surfaces can have one, or two sides. That is, in a one sided surface, one side is visible, the other isn't. I don't know what modeling program you're using, but it appears that yours creates one-sided surfaces by default. It shouldn't be hard to change the appropriate surfaces to two-sided.
This is a family-friendly saloon. No talk stink.
Kabuki

Location: Usually on the ground, always in the sky, except when underwater.
Callsign: Kabuki
Version: 3.0.0

Return to Development