Board index FlightGear Development

Cool new instant replay style GUI

FlightGear is opensource, so you can be the developer. In the need for help on anything? We are here to help you.
Forum rules
Core development is discussed on the official FlightGear-Devel development mailing list.

Bugs can be reported in the bug tracker.

Re: Cool new instant replay style GUI

Postby Trez » Wed Apr 18, 2012 6:54 pm

Hi,

thank you all for the kind response :D .
i don't know how to send it or merge it, if you know how to or wants to do it for me it would be great for everyone to get it in the next version.

kind regards and happy flying, Trez
Trez

Callsign: Trez
Version: 2.8 GIT

Postby radi » Thu May 09, 2013 1:01 pm

Trez,

I just tried your GUI style, and I really like it! However, I don't get a cursor when I want to input some numbers, e.g into some fields. EDIT: There is a cursor, but it's barely visible. Looked in clear.xml for 'cursor' and changed it to

Code: Select all
<input-misc>
  <red type="float">0.03</red> 
  <green type="float">0.92</green>
  <blue type="float">0.92</blue>
</input-misc>

Oh how I love open source.
OSM buildings for LOWI, EDDC
Custom scenery for VHXX YMML
Edit .stg via the FG Object Placement Tool
radi

Postby Trez » Fri May 10, 2013 11:23 pm

Hi radi,

Sorry for the late response don't really check here often. I'm glad you like my work and thank you for the fix :D I need to check how to upload the fixed version to git, might not be of any use since they are replacing PLIB PUI with canvas.

-Trez
Trez

Callsign: Trez
Version: 2.8 GIT

Postby Philosopher » Sat May 11, 2013 4:27 pm

Hi Trez,

Not to worry, they'll definitely accept it, and just find a FGData contributor to work with -- as Hooray says, the core developers are rather busy, and there are a fair amount of aircraft developers who can upload your contribution to GIT. Or if you hav a gitorious account, you could file a merge request which will probably get looked at and reviewed and committed. A couple points to cheer you up: First of all, the change to Canvas is still going to take some time as far as I am aware, and it's going to be a big project which will inevitably take some time, so your theme can be useful at least until then. Secondly, they are hoping to support all of the old PropertyList XML format, so your styles can probably remain as-is after the switch. And thirdly, creative ideas like this are always welcome, and despite a change on renderer, we still can use ideas like yours -- there is often a inverse relationship with programmers and themers, and both are always welcome! Have no fear, we'll take it :D.

Thanks,
Philosopher
Philosopher

Previous

Return to Development