Board index FlightGear Development

Blender 2.6 AC3D Importer & Exporter

FlightGear is opensource, so you can be the developer. In the need for help on anything? We are here to help you.
Forum rules
Core development is discussed on the official FlightGear-Devel development mailing list.

Bugs can be reported in the bug tracker.

Re: Blender 2.6 AC3D Importer & Exporter

Postby wkitty42 » Thu Aug 08, 2019 11:43 pm

oh! i didn't know that fg2blender was abandoned and old... i thought it was something new since i've been here for ~4 years and only just now have seen it mentioned in the last several months...

but someone does have something for doing something with scenery in blender... i don't believe i've misunderstood that but it is possible... i just don't recall who did it or what it is called...
"You get more air close to the ground," said Angalo. "I read that in a book. You get lots of air low down, and not much when you go up."
"Why not?" said Gurder.
"Dunno. It's frightened of heights, I guess."
wkitty42

Callsign: wk42
Version: git next

Postby xDraconian » Fri Aug 09, 2019 1:28 am

wkitty42 wrote in Thu Aug 08, 2019 11:43 pm:but someone does have something for doing something with scenery in blender... i don't believe i've misunderstood that but it is possible... i just don't recall who did it or what it is called...

FGBlenderTools currently supports importing of BTG files and Aircraft files. It also produced shapefiles based on an imported BTG.

I've abandoned my custom AC3D script in favor of Nicolai's version. I'm currently collaborating with Nicolai to migrate his AC3D scripts to Blender 2.80. Import is mostly implemented (hopeful to complete it this weekend). I believe Nicolai is planning to begin the Export migration over the next few weeks.

FGBlenderTools is working well in Blender 2.80, but I still have more testing to perform before making it available.

re: fg2blender.... i've heard of it, but haven't used it, since it seems to be dead. Based on some of the comments in this thread it would appear that the author has already implemented some of my desired TODO features. I'll take a look at this package at some point to see if there is value in folding some of it into a common AC3D/Blender package.

p.s. it may be beneficial for us to start a Blender 2.80 thread instead of continuing on this Blender 2.6 thread.
xDraconian

Version: Git

Postby wkitty42 » Fri Aug 09, 2019 4:50 am

THERE you are! i knew there was a blender scenery tool but couldn't remember it... glad you spoke up but i might have missed it before if you had already pointed it out :)
"You get more air close to the ground," said Angalo. "I read that in a book. You get lots of air low down, and not much when you go up."
"Why not?" said Gurder.
"Dunno. It's frightened of heights, I guess."
wkitty42

Callsign: wk42
Version: git next

Postby Johan G » Tue Aug 13, 2019 1:09 pm

For the continued development, see the topic Blender 2.80 AC3D.
Low-level flying — It's all fun and games till someone looses an engine. (Paraphrased from a YouTube video)
Improving the Dassault Mirage F1 (Wiki, Forum, GitLab. Work in slow progress)
Some YouTube videos
Johan G

Callsign: SE-JG
IRC name: Johan_G
Version: 2020.3.4

Previous

Return to Development