Board index FlightGear Support

Airport Announcements

All general support: help on flying, installation, hardware, getting online etc. There are lots of users and developers to help you out.
Forum rules
In order to help you, we need to know a lot of information. Make sure to include answers to at least the following questions in your initial post.

- what OS (Windows Xp/Vista, Mac etc.) are you running?
- what FlightGear version do you use?
- what graphics card do you have?
- does the problem occur with any aircraft, at any airport?
- where did you download your aircraft/scenery from?
- is there any output printed to the console (black window)?
- copy&paste your commandline (tick the "Show commandline box on the last page of FGRun or the "Others" section on the Mac launcher).

Please report any bugs not specific to an aircraft on the issue tracker.
To run FlightGear on old computers with bad OpenGL support, please take a look at this wiki article.

Note: If you did not get a reponse, even after 7 days, you may want to check out the FlightGear mailing lists to ask your question there.

Airport Announcements

Postby wooly » Wed Sep 14, 2022 5:34 am

Hi, Is there a way to turn off the flight announcer, e.g. push backs and ready to start up etc. as it tends to drown drown out ATIS. I only fly the little Piper Warrior so i don't need to listen to it.
Wasn't sure where to post this, so i guess it will be moved.
Thanks for any help
Graham
wooly

Re: Airport Announcements

Postby wkitty42 » Wed Sep 14, 2022 9:29 am

simple solution: turn off the AI traffic and that AI chatter will cease to exist...
maybe not so simple solution: switch your radio to a channel without that chatter on it while leaving your other radio on the ATIS channel...
possibly more complicated solution: switch off the radio that has the AI traffic chatter and listen only to the radio with the ATIS channel playing on it...

if the radios in the craft you are flying are properly modeled, you should be able to flip a switch or two to turn off or turn down a specific radio... zoom in on the radio stack and use CTRL-C to toggle on the yellow framework that highlights the buttons, knobs, and switches that can be pressed, rotated, and flipped...
"You get more air close to the ground," said Angalo. "I read that in a book. You get lots of air low down, and not much when you go up."
"Why not?" said Gurder.
"Dunno. It's frightened of heights, I guess."
wkitty42

Callsign: wk42
Version: git next

Postby TheEagle » Wed Sep 14, 2022 12:05 pm

I think there's also a setting in Menu -> File -> Sound settings to turn off AI sounds.
Cessna 210 (Wiki)
My other aircraft: my wiki profile !
Other: FGTools (GitHub)
World tour: View on SkyVector
Please consider donating $1 / €1 to help me finance a new camera !
TheEagle

Pronouns: You, he
Callsign: F-EAGLE
IRC name: none
Version: Git next

Postby wkitty42 » Wed Sep 14, 2022 5:07 pm

TheEagle wrote in Wed Sep 14, 2022 12:05 pm:I think there's also a setting in Menu -> File -> Sound settings to turn off AI sounds.

yeah... or maybe just turn their volume down... but i prefer to do the proper radio switches like one would do in a IRL craft...
"You get more air close to the ground," said Angalo. "I read that in a book. You get lots of air low down, and not much when you go up."
"Why not?" said Gurder.
"Dunno. It's frightened of heights, I guess."
wkitty42

Callsign: wk42
Version: git next

Postby wooly » Wed Sep 14, 2022 10:40 pm

Thanks for the reply, it was bad enough listening to the missus all day and her at the airport, go too much lol
wooly

Return to Support