Board index FlightGear Support

Aircraft bug with only one aircraft with only one path

All general support: help on flying, installation, hardware, getting online etc. There are lots of users and developers to help you out.
Forum rules
In order to help you, we need to know a lot of information. Make sure to include answers to at least the following questions in your initial post.

- what OS (Windows Xp/Vista, Mac etc.) are you running?
- what FlightGear version do you use?
- what graphics card do you have?
- does the problem occur with any aircraft, at any airport?
- where did you download your aircraft/scenery from?
- is there any output printed to the console (black window)?
- copy&paste your commandline (tick the "Show commandline box on the last page of FGRun or the "Others" section on the Mac launcher).

Please report any bugs not specific to an aircraft on the issue tracker.
To run FlightGear on old computers with bad OpenGL support, please take a look at this wiki article.

Note: If you did not get a reponse, even after 7 days, you may want to check out the FlightGear mailing lists to ask your question there.

Aircraft bug with only one aircraft with only one path

Postby 5p4n911 » Tue Aug 09, 2022 8:06 pm

I have been playing around with the OPRF Mirage recently (in 2020.3.13) when something got seriously messed up (I can't remember how or when, maybe it was after a crash but I'm not sure) and since then the plane doesn't realize that I put weapons on it (the menu option with payload presets doesn't even open). Visually, everything is in its place but when I try to launch them, it even forgets it has a built-in machine gun. The interesting part is that if I copy the exact same files to elsewhere on my computer and load the plane from there, it works perfectly. The even more interesting part is that after I completely reinstalled FlightGear (well, to my best knowledge), even deleted $FG_HOME and then reinstalled everything from the hangar, nothing changed. And if I move the plane elsewhere, it works but when I put it back or reinstall it from the hangar, it fails again. It works perfectly everywhere, even if that other place is a symlink (I successfully tested it in the default hangar folder on another computer), except for one folder on one computer.

I'm on Void Linux (kernel version 5.18.16 but this started somewhere in 5.14), I have a hybrid GPU setup but this aircraft bug occurs with either one. Console output says
Code: Select all
Nasal runtime error: setprop() value is not a string or number
when I try to switch weapons. I Googled everything that came to my mind, but the only thing I found is an unrelated bugreport from 2016. My best guess now is that there is a cache somewhere that I couldn't find, even with browsing through the
Code: Select all
locate fg
results. It isn't very urgent, since I have a usable workaround that works with FGRun updates but it's annoying. Could anyone help me?
5p4n911

Re: Aircraft bug with only one aircraft with only one path

Postby MariuszXC » Tue Aug 09, 2022 9:36 pm

Look in ~/.fgfs/aircraft-data/ for an xml file for that particular plane and delete it. It will remove saved state for this aircraft.
A new file will be created with default state on next use of this AC.

If you like to investigate, make a backup first and later compare the differences with the newly created default.
INOP
MariuszXC

Callsign: SP-MRM
Version: 2020.4

Postby 5p4n911 » Tue Aug 09, 2022 10:50 pm

I tried it, but it didn't work. Now that I think about it, when I removed every visible sign of FG, I've deleted that file already. Actually, the bad aircraft doesn't even create m-2000.xml, only the symlink.
5p4n911

Postby TheEagle » Tue Aug 09, 2022 11:05 pm

That Nasal error, it must have a file and line number with it - we need that, please ! :)
Cessna 210 (Wiki)
My other aircraft: my wiki profile !
Other: FGTools (GitHub)
World tour: View on SkyVector
Please consider donating $1 / €1 to help me finance a new camera !
TheEagle

Pronouns: You, he
Callsign: F-EAGLE
IRC name: none
Version: Git next

Return to Support