Board index FlightGear Support

Missing parking positions from all airports except default  Topic is solved

All general support: help on flying, installation, hardware, getting online etc. There are lots of users and developers to help you out.
Forum rules
In order to help you, we need to know a lot of information. Make sure to include answers to at least the following questions in your initial post.

- what OS (Windows Xp/Vista, Mac etc.) are you running?
- what FlightGear version do you use?
- what graphics card do you have?
- does the problem occur with any aircraft, at any airport?
- where did you download your aircraft/scenery from?
- is there any output printed to the console (black window)?
- copy&paste your commandline (tick the "Show commandline box on the last page of FGRun or the "Others" section on the Mac launcher).

Please report any bugs not specific to an aircraft on the issue tracker.
To run FlightGear on old computers with bad OpenGL support, please take a look at this wiki article.

Note: If you did not get a reponse, even after 7 days, you may want to check out the FlightGear mailing lists to ask your question there.

Re: Missing parking positions from all airports except defau

Postby wkitty42 » Wed Jul 07, 2021 12:32 pm

ok so you do have the EDDF ground net... that's good...

do you have ANY additional scenery directories defined in the launcher?
i ask this because when FG searches for scenery directories, when it finds the one it is looking for, it stops searching for it further down the list... so if you have a scenery directory that contains Airports/E/D/D with EDDF files in it, it will stop there... if the groundnet file is not in that directory, FG will not have one to work with even if there is another directory further down your scenery directory list with the groundnet in it...
"You get more air close to the ground," said Angalo. "I read that in a book. You get lots of air low down, and not much when you go up."
"Why not?" said Gurder.
"Dunno. It's frightened of heights, I guess."
wkitty42

Callsign: wk42
Version: git next

Postby TheEagle » Wed Jul 07, 2021 7:42 pm

wkitty42 wrote in Wed Jul 07, 2021 12:32 pm:do you have ANY additional scenery directories defined in the launcher?
i ask this because when FG searches for scenery directories, when it finds the one it is looking for, it stops searching for it further down the list... so if you have a scenery directory that contains Airports/E/D/D with EDDF files in it, it will stop there... if the groundnet file is not in that directory, FG will not have one to work with even if there is another directory further down your scenery directory list with the groundnet in it...

Yes, I have multiple sceneries that don't provide scenery for EDDF, and I have project 3000 scenery, but I only added that yesterday, so after these problems appeared … But I will try to disable all sceneries, and see if it helps.
Cessna 210 (Wiki)
My other aircraft: my wiki profile !
Other: FGTools (GitHub)
World tour: View on SkyVector
Please consider donating $1 / €1 to help me finance a new camera !
TheEagle

Pronouns: You, he
Callsign: F-EAGLE
IRC name: none
Version: Git next

Postby TheEagle » Thu Jul 08, 2021 8:21 pm

I now redownloaded both FGData and the AppImage version 2020.3.6, overwrote the old ones, and deleted FGHOME - my parkings ARE STILL GONE ?!?!?!?!?!??!?!!?!?
Cessna 210 (Wiki)
TheEagle

Postby wkitty42 » Thu Jul 08, 2021 11:02 pm

you really didn't have to do that... all you needed to do was to disable the custom scenery stuff you had listed in the launcher... should have taken all of 30 seconds to do that and start the sim without any of that scenery being loaded to see if FG would then properly find the groundnets in terrasync...
"You get more air close to the ground," said Angalo. "I read that in a book. You get lots of air low down, and not much when you go up."
"Why not?" said Gurder.
wkitty42

Postby TheEagle » Fri Jul 09, 2021 12:14 pm

@wkitty : I removed all custom scenery entries from the list, but it didn't help :( That's only why I redownloaded FGData and the AppImage …
Cessna 210 (Wiki)
TheEagle

Postby TheEagle » Fri Jul 09, 2021 1:13 pm

IDK how exactly, but I've got my parkings back :lol: :lol: :lol: !!

I first started up FG, made sure the list of additional sceneries is empty, clicked Fly.
Then, I flew around for about ten minutes, checked under Environment > Airport selection for parkings at EDDF - none appeared. I then already were about to exit by going into the File menu, when I spotted a menu entry Scenery download. I clicked that, which brought up a dialog. Inside that, I found two checkboxes, the lower one was called Update AI traffic during FG start, which was enabled and which had an "Update Now" button besides it. Clicking that button probably was the thing that brought my parkings back !
Cessna 210 (Wiki)
TheEagle

Postby wkitty42 » Fri Jul 09, 2021 1:21 pm

TheEagle wrote in Fri Jul 09, 2021 12:14 pm:@wkitty : I removed all custom scenery entries from the list, but it didn't help :( That's only why I redownloaded FGData and the AppImage …

i can understand that... what i was also saying is that you only needed to unmark them by unticking the box beside each one on the left... they shouldn't have been needed to be removed from the list or the system...

i'm glad you found that scenery download dialog in-sim... it is where i've tried to point you to previously when i've spoken about looking at the (in-sim) scenery download log ;)
"Why not?" said Gurder.
wkitty42

Previous

Return to Support