Board index FlightGear Support

Dynamic view using mouse jumps

All general support: help on flying, installation, hardware, getting online etc. There are lots of users and developers to help you out.
Forum rules
In order to help you, we need to know a lot of information. Make sure to include answers to at least the following questions in your initial post.

- what OS (Windows Xp/Vista, Mac etc.) are you running?
- what FlightGear version do you use?
- what graphics card do you have?
- does the problem occur with any aircraft, at any airport?
- where did you download your aircraft/scenery from?
- is there any output printed to the console (black window)?
- copy&paste your commandline (tick the "Show commandline box on the last page of FGRun or the "Others" section on the Mac launcher).

Please report any bugs not specific to an aircraft on the issue tracker.
To run FlightGear on old computers with bad OpenGL support, please take a look at this wiki article.

Note: If you did not get a reponse, even after 7 days, you may want to check out the FlightGear mailing lists to ask your question there.

Dynamic view using mouse jumps

Postby planeTalk » Sun Jun 27, 2021 10:43 am

Well this is curious . . .

I have a problem with the dynamic view when in cursor mode and right clicking on mouse
As the mouse traverses left-right or up-down the view rotates normally across about the central range of the screen but as the mouse moves out towards the edge of the screen there is a threshold beyond which the view rotates dizzyingly fast

The mapping of mouse position on screen to view angle appears to be broken. What determines this mapping?

I have looked at mice.xml and defaults.xml but failed to find the parameters that control the mapping

Is there anything else that might cause this problem? What else could I check?

The problem is independent of: the size of the window; the FOV; and whether I use a USB mouse or the laptop touchpad

Ubuntu 20.04; FlightGear 2020.3; Dell Inspiron 7559

Any ideas would be much appreciated!

PlaneTalk
planeTalk

Return to Support