Board index FlightGear Support

Keyboard and simulator not compatible?

All general support: help on flying, installation, hardware, getting online etc. There are lots of users and developers to help you out.
Forum rules
In order to help you, we need to know a lot of information. Make sure to include answers to at least the following questions in your initial post.

- what OS (Windows Xp/Vista, Mac etc.) are you running?
- what FlightGear version do you use?
- what graphics card do you have?
- does the problem occur with any aircraft, at any airport?
- where did you download your aircraft/scenery from?
- is there any output printed to the console (black window)?
- copy&paste your commandline (tick the "Show commandline box on the last page of FGRun or the "Others" section on the Mac launcher).

Please report any bugs not specific to an aircraft on the issue tracker.
To run FlightGear on old computers with bad OpenGL support, please take a look at this wiki article.

Note: If you did not get a reponse, even after 7 days, you may want to check out the FlightGear mailing lists to ask your question there.

Keyboard and simulator not compatible?

Postby Paul1101 » Wed Jun 09, 2021 12:11 pm

Dear All,

I've downloaded the latest version 2020.3.8 on my Windows 10 desktop PC computer,
and everything was going well until I used the keyboard to operate.. the game stopped..
does it mean that my keyboard is incompatible with the simulator?
I've tried several times to download the simulator, the it ended up the same..
does anyone help me out, really want to fly on the simulator!

Thanks in advance!
Paul1101

Re: Keyboard and simulator not compatible?

Postby wkitty42 » Wed Jun 09, 2021 1:18 pm

1. FG is a simulator, not a game ;)
2. installing the same thing over and over and over again cannot change anything...
3. what does the log say???
https://wiki.flightgear.org/Commonly_used_debugging_tools#fgfs.log
"You get more air close to the ground," said Angalo. "I read that in a book. You get lots of air low down, and not much when you go up."
"Why not?" said Gurder.
"Dunno. It's frightened of heights, I guess."
wkitty42

Callsign: wk42
Version: git next

Postby Paul1101 » Thu Jun 10, 2021 12:30 pm

Dear

The log says below once operating by using the keyboard.. but I tried the other airports to fly, it comes to the same situation.
C:\Jenkins\workspace\Windows-release\flightgear\src\Main\fg_commands.cxx:774: loadxml: no such file:Path "C:/Program Files (x86)/FlightGear 2020.3/data/AI/Airports/RCTP/jetways.xml

Thanks a lot!
Last edited by Johan G on Thu Jun 10, 2021 7:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Please do not quote the entire preceding post.
Paul1101

Postby wkitty42 » Thu Jun 10, 2021 3:24 pm

that should not stop FG from running... that RCTP directory does not exist in the default install and i doubt it would in any custom scenery because it is a very old and depricated way that some things were done...

how about this... i'm assuming you are using the launcher to start FG with... this is where you select your aircraft and the airport you want to fly from... at the very top of the launcher, on the left, is three dots side-by-side... click on them and select "Command line" or just hit CTRL-L... copy everything on that page it shows you and paste it here in a reply wrapped in "code" tags...

eg:
Code: Select all
[code]your paste here[/code]

this way we can have a better idea of how you are loading FG and what options you may have selected that could be leading to your problem...
"You get more air close to the ground," said Angalo. "I read that in a book. You get lots of air low down, and not much when you go up."
"Why not?" said Gurder.
"Dunno. It's frightened of heights, I guess."
wkitty42

Callsign: wk42
Version: git next

Postby Paul1101 » Fri Jun 11, 2021 1:32 pm

Dear,

Your help is much appreciated! Thanks for your patient with my problematic situation.. hoping that the following is what you are looking for : )

Code: Select all
[code]--launcher --enable-real-weather-fetch --prop:/nasal/local_weather/enabled=true --prop:/sim/gui/dialogs/metar/mode/global-weather=false --prop:/sim/gui/dialogs/metar/mode/local-weather=true --prop:/sim/gui/dialogs/metar/mode/manual-weather=true --prop:/local-weather/tmp/tile-management=METAR --prop:/local-weather/tmp/tile-type=live --prop:/sim/rendering/multi-sample-buffers=1 --prop:/sim/rendering/multi-samples=4 --disable-rembrandt --prop:/sim/rendering/shaders/skydome=true --prop:/sim/rendering/texture-cache/cache-enabled=false --enable-terrasync --prop:/sim/multiplay/txhost=mpserver01.flightgear.org --prop:/sim/multiplay/txport=5000 --callsign=TPEPPY --enable-sentry --aircraft=org.flightgear.fgaddon.stable_2020.777-300ER --airport=RCSS --runway=10 --nav1=92.26:108.9[/code]
Last edited by Johan G on Sat Jun 12, 2021 10:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Please do not quote the entire preceding post.
Paul1101

Return to Support