Board index FlightGear Support

Slave Scenery not following the master

All general support: help on flying, installation, hardware, getting online etc. There are lots of users and developers to help you out.
Forum rules
In order to help you, we need to know a lot of information. Make sure to include answers to at least the following questions in your initial post.

- what OS (Windows Xp/Vista, Mac etc.) are you running?
- what FlightGear version do you use?
- what graphics card do you have?
- does the problem occur with any aircraft, at any airport?
- where did you download your aircraft/scenery from?
- is there any output printed to the console (black window)?
- copy&paste your commandline (tick the "Show commandline box on the last page of FGRun or the "Others" section on the Mac launcher).

Please report any bugs not specific to an aircraft on the issue tracker.
To run FlightGear on old computers with bad OpenGL support, please take a look at this wiki article.

Note: If you did not get a reponse, even after 7 days, you may want to check out the FlightGear mailing lists to ask your question there.

Slave Scenery not following the master

Postby mubashir636 » Mon May 24, 2021 1:08 pm

Hi,
I am trying to make distributive multi computing flight gear and i have almost done with it. The only problem i am facing that slave computer is following everything from master but not the scenery. How can i fix this issue?
Could you guide me in this problem.

Thanks
mubashir636

Re: Slave Scenery not following the master

Postby Johan G » Wed May 26, 2021 8:35 am

I am not sure I understand you. What do you mean with "distributive multi computing FlightGear"?
Low-level flying — It's all fun and games till someone looses an engine. (Paraphrased from a YouTube video)
Improving the Dassault Mirage F1 (Wiki, Forum, GitLab. Work in slow progress)
Some YouTube videos
Johan G

Callsign: SE-JG
IRC name: Johan_G
Version: 2020.3.4

Re: Slave Scenery not following the master

Postby erik » Wed May 26, 2021 8:45 am

If the second computer does not show the scenery then you'll have to either install in manually or activate scenery download on all computers.
Note that after activating it (for the first time) you probably need to select "reload scenery" from the debug menu.

Erik
Current: Parachutist, Paraglider, Pterosaur, Pilatus PC-9M and variants, ERCO Ercoupe, Fokker Dr.1, Fokker 50, Fokker 100
Less active: Cessna T-37, T-38, Santa Claus. Previous: General Dynamics F-16. Worked on: Wright Flyer
erik

Return to Support