Board index FlightGear Support

Cessna 172 Taxiing Tutorial

All general support: help on flying, installation, hardware, getting online etc. There are lots of users and developers to help you out.
Forum rules
In order to help you, we need to know a lot of information. Make sure to include answers to at least the following questions in your initial post.

- what OS (Windows Xp/Vista, Mac etc.) are you running?
- what FlightGear version do you use?
- what graphics card do you have?
- does the problem occur with any aircraft, at any airport?
- where did you download your aircraft/scenery from?
- is there any output printed to the console (black window)?
- copy&paste your commandline (tick the "Show commandline box on the last page of FGRun or the "Others" section on the Mac launcher).

Please report any bugs not specific to an aircraft on the issue tracker.
To run FlightGear on old computers with bad OpenGL support, please take a look at this wiki article.

Note: If you did not get a reponse, even after 7 days, you may want to check out the FlightGear mailing lists to ask your question there.

Cessna 172 Taxiing Tutorial

Postby pablobovi18 » Fri Apr 16, 2021 10:47 pm

Hi There, i'm new around here and i was doing every tutorial from the beginning, and i'm strugling with the taxi tutorial:

it starts ok, the engine turns on automatically throtle is set at 20% and I release the breaks with Shift+b then apply brakes with b and release them and the voice says "you are driving curves taxi straight forward ".

i can't figure out how to taxi in stright line or prevent the voice telling me that.

did anyone experienced that before?

thanks in advance
pablobovi18

Re: Cessna 172 Taxiing Tutorial

Postby benih » Sat Apr 17, 2021 10:18 am

i can't figure out how to taxi in stright line or prevent the voice telling me that.

Due to some real effects, the plane wants to pull in one direction.
You usually counteract that by applying rudder in the opposite direction (applying rudder also turns the nosewheel).
If you are in mouse-controls-flight mode, you can change rudder by pressing and holding your mouse button and dragging the mouse horizontally. Recenter rudders after takeoff (5 numpad or manually).
You can verify rudder change by the outside view or by looking at the pedals in the cockpit.

Alternatively you can selectively use the brake on just one wheel (i think it was ., keys)
benih

Callsign: D-EBHX
Version: next

Return to Support