Board index FlightGear Support

FG 2020.3.8, osm2city worldbuild, terrasync and terramaster

All general support: help on flying, installation, hardware, getting online etc. There are lots of users and developers to help you out.
Forum rules
In order to help you, we need to know a lot of information. Make sure to include answers to at least the following questions in your initial post.

- what OS (Windows Xp/Vista, Mac etc.) are you running?
- what FlightGear version do you use?
- what graphics card do you have?
- does the problem occur with any aircraft, at any airport?
- where did you download your aircraft/scenery from?
- is there any output printed to the console (black window)?
- copy&paste your commandline (tick the "Show commandline box on the last page of FGRun or the "Others" section on the Mac launcher).

Please report any bugs not specific to an aircraft on the issue tracker.
To run FlightGear on old computers with bad OpenGL support, please take a look at this wiki article.

Note: If you did not get a reponse, even after 7 days, you may want to check out the FlightGear mailing lists to ask your question there.

FG 2020.3.8, osm2city worldbuild, terrasync and terramaster

Postby Oswald » Mon Apr 05, 2021 10:20 pm

Hello pilots and developers,

having read a lot in the osm2city worldbuild thread and after download and installation of FG 2020.3.8 I am a bit confused about the role of terrasync and terramaster.

My example: Sweden, Kristianstad airport ESMK and Kristianstad town nearby in the North:

Terramaster download to terrasync folder: plain scenery without osm2city buildings.
Terrasync download and scenery reload: great city scenery with plenty of buildings in Kristianstad.

I compared to the osm2city scenery of Sweden which was made available by saul (see viewtopic.php?f=5&t=34582 ) set as custom scenery above terrasync, there are detailed roads and some further details in addition to the osm2city scenery which was downloaded via terrasync.

I understand that terrasync downloads the osm2city worldbuild data with FG 2020.3.8 in addition to the standard scenery, is that correct?
What can I do to teach Terramaster that I am using FG 2020.3.8 and it should download the same whole lot that is downloadable via terrasync?

I did a terrasync download for my home region in Germany (EDEN), as well, nothing changed to standard scenery. Does that mean, there is no new osm2city scenery there, yet?

To distinguish my handling issue from the main osm2city world build thread viewtopic.php?f=5&t=35581 I started this support query hoping for help to understand the issue and adapt my FG accordingly.

Thanks in advance and my regards,
Oswald
Oswald

Re: FG 2020.3.8, osm2city worldbuild, terrasync and terramas

Postby zakalawe » Tue Apr 06, 2021 11:34 am

Oswald wrote in Mon Apr 05, 2021 10:20 pm:What can I do to teach Terramaster that I am using FG 2020.3.8 and it should download the same whole lot that is downloadable via terrasync?

As far as I know, TerraMaster was not updated to include this feature yet: if you want to use OSM2City, you need to use built-in TerraSync, or wait until TerraMaster adds this.
zakalawe

Callsign: G-ZKLW
Version: next

Re: FG 2020.3.8, osm2city worldbuild, terrasync and terramas

Postby Oswald » Tue Apr 06, 2021 10:44 pm

As yet I understood that Terramaster uses the same file source like Terrasync ... ?
Oswald

Return to Support