Board index FlightGear Support

Flightgear Installation

All general support: help on flying, installation, hardware, getting online etc. There are lots of users and developers to help you out.
Forum rules
In order to help you, we need to know a lot of information. Make sure to include answers to at least the following questions in your initial post.

- what OS (Windows Xp/Vista, Mac etc.) are you running?
- what FlightGear version do you use?
- what graphics card do you have?
- does the problem occur with any aircraft, at any airport?
- where did you download your aircraft/scenery from?
- is there any output printed to the console (black window)?
- copy&paste your commandline (tick the "Show commandline box on the last page of FGRun or the "Others" section on the Mac launcher).

Please report any bugs not specific to an aircraft on the issue tracker.
To run FlightGear on old computers with bad OpenGL support, please take a look at this wiki article.

Note: If you did not get a reponse, even after 7 days, you may want to check out the FlightGear mailing lists to ask your question there.

Flightgear Installation

Postby sdefvisual » Thu Mar 18, 2021 1:41 pm

Hai ,
I am installing Flight Gear 2020.3.6 version in windows 10 after building the fgfs.exe from the flight gear source code successfully. I was trying to launch the fgfs from visual studio 2017 the code is exiting with the error message cannot find nvoglv64.pdb for this nvoglv64.dll.Unable to find where i did mistake. Can anyone help me out to resolve this issue. Thanks in advance.
sdefvisual

Re: Flightgear Installation

Postby zakalawe » Thu Mar 18, 2021 2:49 pm

That's the debug files for the nVidia OpenGL driver: they would come from an nVidia SDK. But you don't need those PDB files to fly, or even to debug : unless you are planning to debug inside the OpenGL driver.
zakalawe

Callsign: G-ZKLW
Version: next

Postby sdefvisual » Fri Mar 19, 2021 5:14 am

Thank you so much zakalawe,
But i don't know how to resolve this issue ! Because whenever executing the .exe getting exit. Can you help me out.
sdefvisual

Postby zakalawe » Fri Mar 19, 2021 12:00 pm

sdefvisual wrote in Fri Mar 19, 2021 5:14 am:TBut i don't know how to resolve this issue ! Because whenever executing the .exe getting exit.

Unfortunately I don't know Windows very well, but if you can share the Visual Studio 'output' log when starting, it would give us some idea what is being loaded.

You can set 'SG_WINDEBUG' in your environment (In the Projects -> fgfs -> Properties -> Debugging -> Environment setting of Visual Studio), and then you will get more useful output display on the Visual Studio console, might also show something.
zakalawe

Callsign: G-ZKLW
Version: next

Postby Alant » Fri Mar 19, 2021 12:46 pm

VS has probably built the debug version.
The solution is to select "Release" instead of "Debug" before selecting "Build" - both for Simgear and Flightgear. Fortunately VS will remember this for the next time that you compile.
Alant

Callsign: Tarnish99
Version: latest Git

Return to Support