Board index FlightGear Support

How do install additional planes using a folders on mac

All general support: help on flying, installation, hardware, getting online etc. There are lots of users and developers to help you out.
Forum rules
In order to help you, we need to know a lot of information. Make sure to include answers to at least the following questions in your initial post.

- what OS (Windows Xp/Vista, Mac etc.) are you running?
- what FlightGear version do you use?
- what graphics card do you have?
- does the problem occur with any aircraft, at any airport?
- where did you download your aircraft/scenery from?
- is there any output printed to the console (black window)?
- copy&paste your commandline (tick the "Show commandline box on the last page of FGRun or the "Others" section on the Mac launcher).

Please report any bugs not specific to an aircraft on the issue tracker.
To run FlightGear on old computers with bad OpenGL support, please take a look at this wiki article.

Note: If you did not get a reponse, even after 7 days, you may want to check out the FlightGear mailing lists to ask your question there.

How do install additional planes using a folders on mac

Postby AutizmoWizmo » Wed Mar 17, 2021 1:58 am

I'm trying to add additional aircraft to FlightGear using the feature in add ons where you put the aircraft data in a folder and it is supposed to install them that way I'm usinghttp://mirrors.ibiblio.org/flightg ... /Aircraft/ and put the zips in the folder am I doing this incorrectly or are they just outdated whenever I open the file it says there are no aircraft in the folder I'm using the newest version of FlightGear I'm on macOS Catalina I've tried using several videos and forum posts to try and help me but nothing works any help that you guys could give me will be very appreciated
AutizmoWizmo

Re: How do install additional planes using a folders on mac

Postby Delta5142 » Wed Mar 17, 2021 3:53 am

After you download and unpack the aircraft folder, you have to then put that folder into a NEW folder with the same title as the aircraft folder. I think what you're doing is not putting the downloaded folder into a new directory, which causes the error that there isn't any aircraft found. Then in the add-ons section of the FG launcher, you have to click "Add aircraft Folder", and select the main folder. Hopefully this helped.

Regards,
Delta5142
Delta5142

Callsign: DAL5142
Version: next

Re: How do install additional planes using a folders on mac

Postby zakalawe » Wed Mar 17, 2021 10:34 am

AutizmoWizmo wrote in Wed Mar 17, 2021 1:58 am:using http://mirrors.ibiblio.org/flightgear/ftp/Aircraft/ and put the zips in the folder

For those official aircraft, you'd maybe find it easier to use the hangar system: check the 'official FlightGear aircraft hangar' is listed in the top section of the 'Add-ons' page. (If it's not listed, click the button to add it) Then you should be able to install and use them directly: FlightGear will download them for you and ensure they're in the correct place. You can do all that from the 'Aircraft' page.

If you do prefer to download aircraft yourself, you need to extract the zip contents, i.e you can't just put '747.zip' into a folder like Documents/MyAwesomeAircraft: you need to extract the zip to get a folder called '747' and put that into your Documents/MyCoolAircraft folder. And then you add 'Documents/MyBrilliantAircraft' to the list of 'additional aircraft folders' in the 'Add-ons' page. (What you call the aircraft folder is up to you, I'm just giving some examples...)
zakalawe

Callsign: G-ZKLW
Version: next

Return to Support