Board index FlightGear Support

any way to get instrumentation details on screen?

All general support: help on flying, installation, hardware, getting online etc. There are lots of users and developers to help you out.
Forum rules
In order to help you, we need to know a lot of information. Make sure to include answers to at least the following questions in your initial post.

- what OS (Windows Xp/Vista, Mac etc.) are you running?
- what FlightGear version do you use?
- what graphics card do you have?
- does the problem occur with any aircraft, at any airport?
- where did you download your aircraft/scenery from?
- is there any output printed to the console (black window)?
- copy&paste your commandline (tick the "Show commandline box on the last page of FGRun or the "Others" section on the Mac launcher).

Please report any bugs not specific to an aircraft on the issue tracker.
To run FlightGear on old computers with bad OpenGL support, please take a look at this wiki article.

Note: If you did not get a reponse, even after 7 days, you may want to check out the FlightGear mailing lists to ask your question there.

Re: any way to get instrumentation details on screen?

Postby Johan G » Tue Feb 16, 2021 2:04 pm

Warty wrote in Mon Feb 15, 2021 10:24 pm:https://github.com/John-Bray/2D-Panel-example
[...]
If you want to take it further, Hooray has tracked down some good references.

agathosdaimon wrote in Mon Feb 15, 2021 11:44 pm:[...] what about for Detlet Fabers BF109?

I think they might be trying to tease you into giving it a try yourself. Hint, hint, wink, wink. ;)

By looking at existing examples and the documentation you could likely make your own in a few evenings. :)
Low-level flying — It's all fun and games till someone looses an engine. (Paraphrased from a YouTube video)
Improving the Dassault Mirage F1 (Wiki, Forum, GitLab. Work in slow progress)
Some YouTube videos
Johan G

Callsign: SE-JG
IRC name: Johan_G
Version: 2020.3.4

Postby Hooray » Tue Feb 16, 2021 6:21 pm

Once people understand how to use the property tree and PropertyList XML files, 2D panels/instruments really are very simple.
Indeed, it would even be possible to create a simple Canvas based 2D panel/instrument editor using just Nasal. We already have support for mouse/keyboard event handling (drag & drop), and we also have a directory() API to load instruments/panels from a set of directories - so that we could show a library of existing panels and instruments and even offer to use those as templates to create new panels/instruments from scratch.
Please don't send support requests by PM, instead post your questions on the forum so that all users can contribute and benefit
Thanks & all the best,
Hooray
Help write next month's newsletter !
pui2canvas | MapStructure | Canvas Development | Programming resources
Hooray

Pronouns: THOU

Postby agathosdaimon » Wed Feb 17, 2021 1:15 am

okay thanks - well i think i will be happy with just getting some internal properties showing in screen i dont need gauges and all especially if its going to take too much time having to learn things like xml stuff, which already stresses me just by looking at such
agathosdaimon

Previous

Return to Support